Question about computer specs!

Matrikks

So I have been playing swtor quite avidly lately. however, not close to the way i would like to.

I currently play on a cheap HP desktop and am on the lowest possible settings without turning off the depth of conversation one. With all of this, i get a peak performance of 16 fps.

I am not trying to point fingers at Bioware at all, it is totally not their fault, I just want to know what specs you guys would recommend to run this game on max settings.

I am looking to spend around 1000-1100 maximum.

I gladly accept all advice and tips!

Happy New year and SWTORing to you all! :)

~Matrikks

Edited by Matrikks

I just would like to know the least I can spend to get 50-60fps with max settings and what specs they would be...im kinda a noob to computer shopping

Depends where you get yours. I bought mine for $400 off a guy on Craigslist, and it'll run this on high with 40-60 fps year around. Unless I'm in like Tatooine or another one of those giant zones.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229284 this is a bit better than mine and it'll run this with your wishes. But I'd be VERY VERY CAREFUL with buying from Newegg, and I'd recommend buying from somewhere else. They sell PCs for good prices, but almost all of their computers have at least a couple comments about issues.

Edited by The_Eyesight

Depends where you get yours. I bought mine for $400 off a guy on Craigslist, and it'll run this on high with 40-60 fps year around. Unless I'm in like Tatooine or another one of those giant zones.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229284 this is a bit better than mine and it'll run this with your wishes.

Thanks for the advice. Although I think I am going to go for a laptop

Well I am living in Cincinnati Ohio if that answers your first question lol

But I will probobly buy my first computer unless it is just much more convenient to build.

Ya I had to know as I must then recalculate the price from Euro to US$ :)

CPU: 2500K intel - 190 euro

GPU: 6950 AMD retail, 2 GB - 220 euro (best card you can get for that price)

Mainboard: ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 - 100 euro

Ram: some cheap 2x4GB - 20 euro

PS: 430W be quiet or 450W corsair - 50 euro

HDD: get an WD 7200 caviar blue or Seagate Barracuda 7200 / otional a crucial 64 SSD (80euro)

Case: Pick one that you like - around 50-60 euro

With that system you will be fine, also the other games out there like Bf3 etc. will run on max details, if you dont like AMD you can also get an nvidia card like the 560 TI, incase you like the nvidia features like physx personally I would go for the AMD card, its just a great card.

The system above is ready for OC in future (you would need a different cooling system then - about 30-40 euro), if you dont want to OC in the near future then you can also spend about 100$ less and would just change the CPU and the mainboard to

2500 intel

ASUS P8H67 B3! mainboard

The oc rdy system will be around 720 euro = 930 us dollars.

The non oc rdy system will be around 650 euro = 840 us dollars

I did not check the us shops, but I guess the price would not be that different for the part´s - so you should definately stay below 1000$.

Edited by RachelAnne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.