PVP- Bioware's short/long term plans.

Dweetybyrd

What is BIOWARE doing about PvP!!!!!

So, What is the deal with the broken A$% PvP in this game. Warzones - seriously, I got top 3 almost every time - for what? I now run in the corner while watching netflix for a little less worth. - please fix....

Open world - seriously? 120 max people (double that for enemy - maybe) is that seriously a MMO? 120 people per planet instance is massive? wow - not in my world. Im lvl 45 - I have seen 6 people since pre lauch - well done.

The 'swifty' interview. Bioware senior Devs stating that PvP is not a priority!! hmmm

My issue is this - SWTOR is an extremely heavily instanced SINGLE PLAYER game with some heroic and flashpoint quest for the very loosly fitting MMO class. 120 man instances are not massive, they are a joke, pointelless warzone and non-existant open world pvp is unreal. We are on a PvP server - looking for PvP - it does not exist!!!!

Bioware has made yet another great single player game.. They have already stated in thier first official post that a new flashpoint is the focus - not guild options, or perhaps PvP that has a purpose... I would like to know what the near/long term PvP goals are from someone in the bioware community. Many of us are concerned that this is already destined to become a PVE centric game. I planned on playing this game for a decade, yet.... I dont think ill make it 2 months.

Bioware, PLEASE THROW YOUR PVP COMMUNITY A BONE!!!! I am sooo tired of AFK running into the wall during hutball - only because I have no other option!

Edited by Dweetybyrd

Its a PVE game, with PVP tacked on. Always has been and noone lied to you about that unless you count the legion of battlenet kiddies who have done nothing but gripe and complain about a game they didnt design not being focused on pvp. I enjoy pvp, but I dont expect a game that was clearly designed around story and PVE content to be the next big PVP game, thats just plain unrealistic.

Nothing in my post about a game specifically designed for PvP.... JUST PVP - something of worh, a goal, a mission, a purpose..... not killing a pre programmed robat in a flashpoint over and over.... PVE is cool.

Why am I on a PvP server if there IS NO PVP!?

Edited by Dweetybyrd

Its a PVE game, with PVP tacked on. Always has been and noone lied to you about that unless you count the legion of battlenet kiddies who have done nothing but gripe and complain about a game they didnt design not being focused on pvp. I enjoy pvp, but I dont expect a game that was clearly designed around story and PVE content to be the next big PVP game, thats just plain unrealistic.

You couldn't be more wrong....

All during dev they talked about how PvP was important and even how they had a team devoted to pvp.

They found it pretty important.

A PvE game which is why flashpoints and operations are even more buggy and not challenging?

i cancled my subscription, i advise all pvpers do the same

Well, I will say that my guild and I had a similar discussuion. I am very dissapointed with the PvP side of things... That said, this launch is the best I have been a part of..

My primary issue is the already published intent to focus on single player PVE not PvP, PvP server is irrelevant. Many of us will be following the above poster in the near future. If they publicly state thier intent to develop solid PvP I will pay to support it - yet I dont believe that to be the case.

Bioware needs to publish an update that is not - WE ARE ADDING ANOTHER single player FLASHPOINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dweetybyrd

Where is the rage! Make your voice heard or this will become a single player PvE game that is marketed as a MMORPG. If enough post maybe the investors ande managers will realze that the PvP community should not be blown off.

Fight the Power :)

Edited by Dweetybyrd

They already told us what they are working on. There's a new flashpoint coming out...but no new Warzone and no PVP fix.

Case in point. Where the HELL is the PvP update? What are their short/long term plans - are there any? Why am I going to pay 15$ a month - not for a single player, heavily instanced game where there are less than 200 people on my PLANET... Thats for sure.

Edited by Dweetybyrd

Thanks for the info... I have cancelled my sub until there is more PVP focus. I was worried about PVP from all the pre release hype. I see that Bioware did what they are good at....a single player game.

Note too Bioware.... You will lose 90% of your SWG fan base, if you don't focus on PVP and you will be another flash in the pan. I loved SWG for the massive guild battles and I hope the Devs will get a clue....

From a MMORPG poster - very well summed up...

Bioware only included some aspect of PVP so they could put it on the box.

This game has no real PVP and never will. It's a co-op game. Also, it's Bioware, so I thought that was pretty much understood? Just play it like an RPG and cancel after the first month. Win the game, like you win any other RPG and that's that.

Easy.

Edited by Dweetybyrd

thats literally the worst thing i ever read.

thats literally the worst thing i ever read.

The truth stings a bit doesn't it. It's true; if there was any doubt that TOR was a wow clone, from what I've been reading it really is.

They care nothing about the balance of pvp atm, it really is a PVE single player game with PVP tacked on, just like WoW was/is.

At least WoW's classes are more balanced, and they have brackets.

WoW 1 ToR 0

Unless TOR Churns out new storyline every 3 months, ppl are going to be dropping their subs like it's nobody's buisness.

Edited by Wrehn