Legacy System?

Tenacity

With no forum search function it's hard to find threads relating to this - has anyone come across any information about the legacy system yet?

When can we expect it to be functional? What will be among the first items added to legacy unlocks? Species? Cosmetic changes? Gear?

And somewhat less important, will we ever be able to alter our legacy name?

Its a work in progress, I don't think even Bioware knows everything it will do.

Think of it as a glimpse of the future... 3 years from now you will be able to tell all the scrubs that you remember when the legacy system did nothing more then sit there, a purple bar under a green bar.

only info ive found so far

Q&A with Stephen Reid:

"Q: Will it be possible to give us more information on exactly what we can get out of the legacy system?

A: Without revealing more details I do want to point out one thing: don’t assume that there’s another, ‘secret’ character creation system that we’re going to allow for those who have unlocked their Legacy.

The Legacy System will allow you to have more options at character creation, but it’s not like “Oh, you unlocked your Legacy? You now have 50 more beard types available to you!”

found at http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19834-reddit-ama-with-stephen-reid-recap

also James Ohlen stated in a dev blog:

"The ability to select a surname for your character is just the start of something much bigger. Soon, the Legacy experience and levels you earn will grant your characters access to powers, objects and other cool benefits "

found here: http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20111213-0

Edited by Brutem

I don't understand why someone can use the name of my character as their legacy name. I thought names were protected but I guess not from legacy.

dont remember the post but Bioware has stated that surnames can be used among more than one player, however the first name is unique per server

Edited by Brutem