start wars episode 7,prequel?

opticmax

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! I read the LoTR books (including The Hobbit), and I thought the movies were incredibly amazing.

Same. And for HP with the exception of HBP and GoF. Those are the only 2 movies in the HP series that didn't follow the books.

maybe the episode 1 and 2 wasnt the best and were more based on money and maketing but lucas written the 4,5,6 too

Sorry, Hon. Lucas wrote SOME of 4.... that's IT. 5 and 6 were only screenplays with novel adaptations by other writers. The only reason 5 was good was because Kirschner was a genius and new how to direct actors and scenes in a way that audiences could identify with the character and be drawn in to the story. Even 6 was a "prequel to the prequels" bad acting, almost no story arc, a hurried and stale ending, and F-ing EWOKS for chrissake!

1, 2, and 3 were all hype and glitz, with no story, no characters with any depth, and a complete betrayal of the history established in the first 3 movies. OF COURSE they were about MONEY, they certainly weren't about creating "modern mythology" like Lucas used to describe ANH... He obviously only had a small idea and had to have others to expand... Too bad he didn't choose people who actually cared about the story, the characters, the mythology; just, as you said, money and marketing (which is actually also money).

As Dirty Harry said "A mans got to know his limitations". Lucas, while he deserves his position as the legendary creator of Star Wars, went beyond his limits in trying to direct the prequels, and took something that could have been EPIC and made it 'good'.

Couldn't have said it better!

I'm behind Lucas being the writer but I want someone else to direct. The problem with Lucas is that he was given to much control for those films and what he said went, no matter what. If he had someone who told him not to do something, or to reconsider something I think that the movies could really go somewhere.

Its bad enough Geore Lucas said he had the prequels written before the original movies were made (I find that to be a crock of crap) Dont let George write anymore Star Wars movies. The last 3 were so thrown together.