[VIDEO] Let me explain how SORCS/SAGES actually work for you.

CHRISGG

Good video. One of the things that gets me is people totally ignore you as a sroc/sage.

I mean i run in and engage a target, he comes at me and i slow him then sprint out of battle because i cant survive melee. Then the attacker just turns to the nearest target and completely ignores me. This happens all the time and so i just waltz on in and range dps him again. Focus your dps on casters we will drop like flies. Its like this in every mmo

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good video. One of the things that gets me is people totally ignore you as a sroc/sage.

I mean i run in and engage a target, he comes at me and i slow him then sprint out of battle because i cant survive melee. Then the attacker just turns to the nearest target and completely ignores me. This happens all the time and so i just waltz on in and range dps him again. Focus your dps on casters we will drop like flies. Its like this in every mmo

Absolutely ^ +1

Pretty much right on all counts. Voice was quite soothing ^_^

Sorcs and sages can do lots of damage during a warzone but they aren't bombing kids for 5k a hit. I play with serveral sorcs constantly, they have to struggle to hit the numbers I pull as a marauder and don't hit half as hard as my class does.

Learn your classes.

Edited by Kricys

We were both lvl 50, he managed to 3 shot me and I didn't even manage to get him to half in a 1v1.

Wrong, stop lying. It is impossible for a sorc to 3 shot another player. The hardest ability they have that I am aware of is thundering blast and a sorc friend of mine with about as much champion gear as I have (450 expertise) can crit for maybe 3.5k buffed. They have nothing to 3shot you with.

the mob your are fighting is easy to kill , try to kill a champion who got imunity from stun , blind ect... with 150k hp and not melee , im sorcere lvl 50 and can't solo champion with imunity from stun , blind ect... so don't say we are op

Woooooosh

Rift has balance...no

Warcraft has balance..no

Aion has balance ...no

SWG had balance in Pre-cu, and even after

Warhammer has teamwork balance, and it works like a glove.

SWTOR seems more like Warhammer, and has some great balance.

You know I can go on a rant and talk about EVE and EQ, and all the games I have played since 1998, just let me know.

You just must be a Star Wars fanboy. SWG had terrible, terrible balance Pre-CU. Maybe the worst I'd ever seen in any game.

I wish there were arenas in this game so that me and my friends could look at your scrubby rating and make fun of you. Not because we like to do that to people, but because you need a real PvP reality check.

And I've played all of the games you listed. WoW by far had the best balance in PvP for an MMORPG. You just seem to be some ignorant WoW hating SWTOR fanboy that thinks hes awesome because hes killed a few people in warzones.

You have no clue where you sit because you have never seriously played competitively in a controlled environment. Maybe some day you will actually put your money where your mouth is instead of calling other people baddies and pathetic because they feel like the class that they play is OP.

I mean, that's part of the funny. I am saying that the class that I play is OP. I'm not complaining about others. Because most of them seem ok to me. Some are a joke though and need a little love.

The reason Sorc/Sage is OP is because of their versatility in sum total.

They are like a truck that has 390 horsepower, gets 38 miles to the gallon and has an 8 year warrantee.

Sure, there may be a truck with more horsepower, just like a class has a tad more DPS than the Sorc.

Sure, there may be a truck with better MPG, just like a class may have more armor.

Sure, a truck may get a 10 year warrantee.

But add up everything the Sorc can do, and they are OP.

Finally, the best evidence that they are OP is the sheer # of people that play them. Probably 50% of every warzone is a Sorc/Sage.

A truck that gets 38 miles a gallon is OP by itself. Your analogy is flawed.

I stopped there and know you don't know *** you are talking about.

Pathetic.

See, that's your problem. You have no clue what you are talking about and then call others pathetic. You have zero experience in Arenas in WoW, yet you bash the game as if it has the worst balance.

You are ignorant and your ignorance makes you look so bad.

SWTOR has the best balance of any MMORPG. Shameful.

good post and video. he is right and its obvious he knows how to play the class. after this vid i dunno why people are still crying about this. maybe the op has to put a vid out of him dying and why he was put into a disadvantage that forced his death, then ppl might get a clue.

See, that's your problem. You have no clue what you are talking about and then call others pathetic. You have zero experience in Arenas in WoW, yet you bash the game as if it has the worst balance.

You are ignorant and your ignorance makes you look so bad.

SWTOR has the best balance of any MMORPG. Shameful.

wow had the worst balance and worst pvp to date imo. there have been far better pvp games out before and after.

You have zero experience in Arenas in WoW, yet you bash the game as if it has the worst balance.

I play a Subtlety rogue on Korgath, and play arena everyday, 4.3 patch just made my class alot better and now am trying for a 2800 with my best friend.

I won't post my Arena Junkie build cause I don't want this e-peen talk to become a off-topic infraction warning, plus I don't want to give you the benefit.

Calling me ignorant for pointing out this game has one of the best balance I have seen in PvP is plain redundant, and biased.

Stop blowing smoke up my butt just because I know when I see a baddie and called you out on it.

All you are doing is proving me right anyways.

Like what?

Have you played Arenas?

yup arenas was easy mode. roll whatever fotm group setup was and press your macros and win. as proof, my team went over 2k rating in season2 when rmp was getting popular. we played our alliance alts iirc was pally, hunter, shammy and we got our asses handed to us. took a break and came back during frozen throne and rolled druid, lock, warrior which was fotm at that time too and once again we were over 2k rating.

we have been pvping since ultima online, daoc, wow, gw, war, aoc, and now swtor. ive played other mmos without them as well. daoc by far had the best pvp system, gw probably the best concept. uo had the most skill due to lag. wow has been by far the most unbalanced and easiest.

yup arenas was easy mode. roll whatever fotm group setup was and press your macros and win. as proof, my team went over 2k rating in season2 when rmp was getting popular. we played our alliance alts iirc was pally, hunter, shammy and we got our asses handed to us. took a break and came back during frozen throne and rolled druid, lock, warrior which was fotm at that time too and once again we were over 2k rating.

we have been pvping since ultima online, daoc, wow, gw, war, aoc, and now swtor. ive played other mmos without them as well. daoc by far had the best pvp system, gw probably the best concept. uo had the most skill due to lag. wow has been by far the most unbalanced and easiest.

I'm just glad you actually played. I played in like the low 2k range. And yes, there were some comps like RMP that were very powerful for a while.

But when you compare these two games against each other when it comes to balance, this one fails really hard. But it should. Its brand new. Things need to be tweeked.

In the end, MMORPGs are really, really difficult to balance because of the sheer variety of skills. To be honest, I enjoyed Guild Wars PvP alot and thought it had a solid amount of balance in it. That would be a game that I could praise for balance. But it also limited your hotbars to 8 skills. Good game though.

I play a Subtlety rogue on Korgath, and play arena everyday, 4.3 patch just made my class alot better and now am trying for a 2800 with my best friend.

I won't post my Arena Junkie build cause I don't want this e-peen talk to become a off-topic infraction warning, plus I don't want to give you the benefit.

Calling me ignorant for pointing out this game has one of the best balance I have seen in PvP is plain redundant, and biased.

Stop blowing smoke up my butt just because I know when I see a baddie and called you out on it.

All you are doing is proving me right anyways.

No, just no. What is your characters name? There is no way that that is true. You said Prot Pallies were overpowered in WoW. You are just straight lying now. And it is amazing to watch such a pitiful spectacle happen in front of my face.

I'm just glad you actually played. I played in like the low 2k range. And yes, there were some comps like RMP that were very powerful for a while.

But when you compare these two games against each other when it comes to balance, this one fails really hard. But it should. Its brand new. Things need to be tweeked.

In the end, MMORPGs are really, really difficult to balance because of the sheer variety of skills. To be honest, I enjoyed Guild Wars PvP alot and thought it had a solid amount of balance in it. That would be a game that I could praise for balance. But it also limited your hotbars to 8 skills. Good game though.

what are you smoking? granted i havent played wow in like 9 months but this game has better balance now then wow has had ever, unless recent patches have changed it. wow is a pve game, pvp is an afterthought. we still dont know where this game is going, but unless someone screws up extremely badly, pvp in this game will always be better then wow simply because of the game mechanics. i have some small issues, but nothing game breaking imo.

i just think everyone plays mmo's now expecting to be playing wow. why dont you guys just go and play wow ?

No, just no. What is your characters name? There is no way that that is true. You said Prot Pallies were overpowered in WoW. You are just straight lying now. And it is amazing to watch such a pitiful spectacle happen in front of my face.

Where did I say Prot Pallies was OP?

Here is my quote,

That's ^ the exact metaphor we all have grown to know. It's amazing how balanced this game is compared to Warcraft. I honest to god think people are so used to the /facepalm classes from Warcraft, that they think their frost mage, or their Prot Pally is suppose to own every class in this game, and nobody can do anything about it.

Now does that strike you me saying "PROT PALLY IS OP" ??

You sir are full of fail, and if you can't understand what I write then don't post ever again.

My answer what I was saying: I was saying people think this is like Warcraft, was giving a example comparison.

Derp is on you, get a wet rag.

what are you smoking? granted i havent played wow in like 9 months but this game has better balance now then wow has had ever, unless recent patches have changed it. wow is a pve game, pvp is an afterthought. we still dont know where this game is going, but unless someone screws up extremely badly, pvp in this game will always be better then wow simply because of the game mechanics. i have some small issues, but nothing game breaking imo.

i just think everyone plays mmo's now expecting to be playing wow. why dont you guys just go and play wow ?

What have you been smoking? This game IS WoW with lightsabers if you haven't noticed. And this game is a PVE game while PvP is obviously an afterthought.

You really can't see that yet?

Either way, I expect them to make some massive changes to PvP. If they dont, I'll pick up GW2. No big deal I suppose. But it would be nice if they shored up this mess.

Where did I say Prot Pallies was OP?

Here is my quote,

Now does that strike you me saying "PROT PALLY IS OP" ??

You sir are full of fail, and if you can't understand what I write then don't post ever again.

My answer what I was saying: I was saying people think this is like Warcraft, was giving a example comparison.

Derp is on you, get a wet rag.

See, lying about your 2800 arena rating and then giving no way to prove it is just sad.

Keep using the word derp though. It makes you look smart.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.