The most "under powered'' class's

necrotura

I like the "underpowered player" post. Hopefully we never hear of any nerf bats hitting any of these classes. They're different. Just because you have a hard time beating a different class or even using a different class does not mean they need to be dumbed down or your class beefed up.

any melee class

this ... with no autoface or macros, melee classes will have a much harder time than their ranges counterparts.

I feel really sorry for the keyboard turners that have illusions of grandeur when rolling that jedi guardian, sentinel or shadow.

Edited by Orangerascal

The best answer is this:

- Maximize a hybrid Juggernaut/Guardian.

Why?

You have to pay attention to the following things:

1. The position and status of your teammates to defend/support them with taunts, CC, guard (depending).

2. The position of the enemy to attack them with DPS.

If you just pew pew DPS, then you're a weak version of a Marauder/Sent. The main thing a Jugg/Guard has over those classes is their group support, debuffs, utility.

Most other classes have limited areas of focus: a healer needs to support their team and to dodge enemy DPS, or throw defensive CCs. Their entire perspective is defensive for the most part, and they can function at range. A general DPS primarily focuses on offense, with team support as a secondary concern.

However, to legitimately play a "DPS tank" variant, you need to both apply your offense (to be relevant) and to support your team defensively (to be more than a ****** version of a Mara/Sent).

Among the tank options, the BH/Troop has range, so that is generally "easier" from a tactical perspective.

Shadow/Assassin tank hybrid specs are very linear and have somewhat poor mobility compared to a Jugg/Guard.

With the additional mobility comes additional tactical options that you need to be aware of and take advantage of to maximize the class. Thus.

Too bad this game doesn't have the equivalent of a Sac DOK from Warhammer. That is the most tactically challenging spec to play in any MMO that I've seen.

this ... with no autoface or macros, melee classes will have a much harder time than their ranges counterparts.

I feel really sorry for the keyboard turners that have illusions of grandeur when rolling that jedi guardian, sentinel or shadow.

THis really is the answer to the thread.

BUt let me state: Melee classes are not underpowered.

However, if you are a keyboard turner, and play a melee class, you my aswell just stick the knife in your own back. Seriously, the best you can ever hope to be is avg.

I suggest keeping the 2 strafe keys on the keyboard and using the mouse for everything else. Or if you have the proper mouse, you can strafe with it also. Either way, keyboard movment alone will not allow you to stick to a target.

Most fortunate indeed, DeathKorps would remind everyone why it is wise to fear that crazy nastyass honey badger.

DeathKorps has found a PvP video of the honey badger for all of those curious about its capabilities.

Edited by DeathKorps

THis really is the answer to the thread.

BUt let me state: Melee classes are not underpowered.

However, if you are a keyboard turner, and play a melee class, you my aswell just stick the knife in your own back. Seriously, the best you can ever hope to be is avg.

I suggest keeping the 2 strafe keys on the keyboard and using the mouse for everything else. Or if you have the proper mouse, you can strafe with it also. Either way, keyboard movment alone will not allow you to stick to a target.

the thing is melee gets force leap thats immobolize and on my sentinel i get a bunch of outher immobolizing skills so range isnt a issue unless you suck that is

The best answer is this:

- Maximize a hybrid Juggernaut/Guardian.

Why?

You have to pay attention to the following things:

1. The position and status of your teammates to defend/support them with taunts, CC, guard (depending).

2. The position of the enemy to attack them with DPS.

If you just pew pew DPS, then you're a weak version of a Marauder/Sent. The main thing a Jugg/Guard has over those classes is their group support, debuffs, utility.

Most other classes have limited areas of focus: a healer needs to support their team and to dodge enemy DPS, or throw defensive CCs. Their entire perspective is defensive for the most part, and they can function at range. A general DPS primarily focuses on offense, with team support as a secondary concern.

However, to legitimately play a "DPS tank" variant, you need to both apply your offense (to be relevant) and to support your team defensively (to be more than a ****** version of a Mara/Sent).

Among the tank options, the BH/Troop has range, so that is generally "easier" from a tactical perspective.

Shadow/Assassin tank hybrid specs are very linear and have somewhat poor mobility compared to a Jugg/Guard.

With the additional mobility comes additional tactical options that you need to be aware of and take advantage of to maximize the class. Thus.

Too bad this game doesn't have the equivalent of a Sac DOK from Warhammer. That is the most tactically challenging spec to play in any MMO that I've seen.

I think the spacing turned out to be detrimental to the appearance of your quote. It sucks. Find a middle ground that we can enjoy.