Dungeon finder soon?

ZudetGambeous

nope don't need or want something like that. tools like that destroy gaming community , and make the game just a dungeon crawl. if i wanted a game like that i would be playing diablo 2 or something similar.

can't find a group, make some ingame friends, join a guild, or maybe acually take some initative and start a group up your self instead of constantly spamming lfg.

Cross Server Battlegrounds, Flying Mounts and LFG turned wow into a queue game. Do not want.

No, endgame in WoW was designed over the idea of instanced dungeons and raids which ended up making WoW a "queue" game.

The implementation of a dungeon finder greatly shortened the wait length of getting into dungeons in WoW.

If you are going to have a MMO that has its endgame based in dungeons than it is going to be a queue game with or without a dungeon finder.

Edited by Valnarr

Nobody explains whats stopping you from "not using" a tool when its out. If you like to walk and explore, you dont use speeders, but theyre there for the people who doesnt.

Whats stopping you from playing without the usage of a LFG tool if ever implemented? Your game would in essence remain exactly the same. Except that people who do like that would would be happy too.

Care to elaborate why you would be against helping others with different opinions?

The tools lead to the degradation of accountability, the more someone feels protected and insulated from the ramifications of their actions the more likely they are to have negative actions with no fear of consequences. People are basically evil, not good. These tools allow people to "troll" and abuse other players then go on to do all the activities that people get to enjoy who are not abusive. I don't expect majority of the population to understand this concept since we are a worldwide morally bankrupt people, but rightness and righteousness are important, not just entitlements.

The tools lead to the degradation of accountability, the more someone feels protected and insulated from the ramifications of their actions the more likely they are to have negative actions with no fear of consequences. People are basically evil, not good. These tools allow people to "troll" and abuse other players then go on to do all the activities that people get to enjoy who are not abusive. I don't expect majority of the population to understand this concept since we are a worldwide morally bankrupt people, but rightness and righteousness are important, not just entitlements.

You still havent explained whats stopping you from using the tool. Why not just play the game without the use of it and let people use it at their whim?

I take it you got trolled in some WoW randoms? I used to try and run the daily heroic every day and I met plenty of douchebags and plenty of cool people, I'm not sure how that's any different from non auto queue dungeon finder, I had the same type of experiences before the LFD.

Nobody explains whats stopping you from "not using" a tool when its out. If you like to walk and explore, you dont use speeders, but theyre there for the people who doesnt.

Whats stopping you from playing without the usage of a LFG tool if ever implemented? Your game would in essence remain exactly the same. Except that people who do like that would would be happy too.

Care to elaborate why you would be against helping others with different opinions?

Everyone gets free gear, but you don't have to get it. Everyone else will be off getting free gear, and you can elect to find everyone who doesn't want free gear to play with.

Anyone who doesn't use the tool will be lightyears behind those who do. Stop pretending that implementations like these don't force people to use them.

Also, I fully support a LFG system.

You still havent explained whats stopping you from using the tool. Why not just play the game without the use of it and let people use it at their whim?

If you don't understand the concept from the previous post I'm not sure I can explain it to you, but I'll try. The negative aspects of a social game which are widespread abuse, trolling, negative and childish behavior are symptomatic of the disease which is lack of accountability. Simply choosing not to participate in the tool of the perpetuation of this disease isn't a viable option. It's like saying, well my son has a drinking problem and beats his girlfriend, but I'm not the one doing it so it's okay.

No, that behavior is symptomatic of the disease which is a lack of accountability. If you don't kick that worthless piece of trash out and turn him over to the authorities for prosecution, you're enabling the behavior by being passive and not "infringing" on his freedom. If you don't think the impact of "cyber-bullies" can be as traumatic to someone as an abusive relationship then you need to spend more time looking a the social state and fallout of our public schools where this sort of thing is rampant.

It doesn't matter much to me how much easier it makes anyone else's life or streamlines their experience, the fact of the matter is that even if you end up being on the winning side of this particular debate, you're still on the wrong one.

LFG tool perks and anti perks

Perks-

- Faster dungeon experience for people willing to tank or heal

- Less spam filling general chat

Anti Perks

- Longer wait times for DPS because tanks or healers that they could get in chat don't bother because they can almost insta que

- If cross server everyone who would be cautious to not piss off their server now has no consequences for Needing on any and everything.

I am not anti LFG tool, I am anti LFG cross server tool for dungeons, PvP cross server is great, PvE not so great. If you take away consequences from people being a**es they are less likely to care whats best for the group and only care about whats best for themselves which means needing on anything that can vendor.

As for the people asking "if you don't want it why don't you just not use it"... simple answer is with it there people they would be able to easily pick up without it won't pick up because they have a easier way to get in... asking why not just not use it is like asking "Why not just not use Microsoft Office if you don't like it"... if all your business partners are using it you are forced to to be compatible.