Are there suggestions for Merc rotations PRE-Level 50??

Acento

I've been able to locate a lot of endgame builds and rotations for the Merc DPS builds, but I'm wondering if there is a kind of "in the middle" type of guide...

I haven't really been having many problems per say...I am just curious about how I can best play my class before I actually start getting heavy into flashpoints and whatnot. I'm only level 15 at the moment, but I can't help but feel as if I'm not really putting abilities together in the right order (and if I am, it's by complete accident :rolleyes:)

So yea...I guess I'm looking for a combination leveling/skill/rotation combination guide (tall order I suppose) to be able to get acclimated to playing Merc DPS as I level up. Thanks guys! :D

Depends on what you spec into. My level 31 Pyro merc is heavily depended on rail shot and Prototype Particle Accelerator skill to keep heat down. From level 22+ and onward I worked out following rotation for PVP warzone.

1) Incendiary Missile if single opponent or Fusion Missile if your target clustered with other

2) Rail shot

3) Explosive Dart

4) Unload -> Crit? = Free rail shot

5) Rapid shot

6) Power shot -> Crit? = Free rail shot

7) Power shot -> Crit? = Free rail shot

8) Rapid shot

9) Unload -> Crit? = Incendiary Missile + Free rail shot

10) Explosive dart

11) If Unload didnt crit go back to step 1, if it did crit go to step 5

NOTE: You need to learn to manage heat and time your vent heat ability with free rail shot to maximize heat venting. I also did not take into account Death from Above since it is a very situational skill in PVP Warzone, sometimes you can land it on 5 enemies and other times it totally misses.

With this rotation I always find myself in the top 3 damage dealers.

Edited by ZingFreelancer

When I PVE I often encounter groups of enemies so I try to spam some area of effect abilities more often.

Group of 3 to 4 enemies can be easily obliterated with Explosive Dart -> Death from Above. When that combo is on cool down I use Fusion Missile -> Sweeping Blast just as effectively.

Weak / standard or melee enemies of same level as myself often use Rocket Blast -> Rail Shot -> Rapid Shot to maximize damage and in 99% of situations outright finish my target. Rocket Blast knocks them down making letting me hit them with Rail Shot, at this point they are pretty much dead and 1-2 Rapid Shots finishes them.

On Silver, Gold Elites, Champions and Bosses I use rotation where I try to maximize available Free Rail Shot and keep myself from overheating. Not so very different from my pvp suggestion. Using Fusion Missile after my own judgement when available. Here is my current skill set.

Edited by ZingFreelancer