THIS day will SCAR BIOWARE

badjezus

you people are driving me crazy. I am a december pre-order and knowing how they were going to stagger the invites i did not expect to get in before the weekend at the earliest.

The only thing that is driving me nuts on these forums are people talking about a sense of entitlement. Of course there is a sense of entitlement because they told us we were entitled to early game access from pre-ordering. It does not matter if it is five days or two hours we are entitled as people that pre-ordered to some amount of early access. That is like saying you paid your lawyer a retainer, however expect them to do no work on your case because you don't want to sound whiny.

Secondly, bw has called this a launch. The game has launched. On the 20th people that were granted ega are not going to lose their progress. Therefore it is a launch. Is the build going to change? No. Are peoples characters going to be lost? No.

In all honesty, i think bw would be better off if they required a short iq test before people were allowed to post.

but but but but saber-raper name will be taken if i'm not in rightnow!

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are driving me crazy. I am a December pre-order and knowing how they were going to stagger the invites I did not expect to get in before the weekend at the earliest.

The only thing that is driving me nuts on these forums are people talking about a sense of entitlement. Of course there is a sense of entitlement because THEY TOLD US WE WERE ENTITLED TO EARLY GAME ACCESS FROM PRE-ORDERING. It does not matter if it is five days or two hours we are entitled as people that pre-ordered to some amount of early access. That is like saying you paid your lawyer a retainer, however expect them to do no work on your case because you don't want to sound whiny.

Secondly, BW has called this a launch. The game has launched. On the 20th people that were granted EGA are not going to lose their progress. THEREFORE it is a launch. Is the build going to change? No. Are peoples characters going to be lost? No.

In all honesty, I think BW would be better off if they required a short IQ test before people were allowed to post.

logic fail. Retail stores that have soft openings don't require you to return anything when they officially open either. It doesn't mean they were officially open to the public yet.

Edited by potroast

Until the 20th you aren't a paying customer, the games official release day is the 20th. Which part of that cant you get threw your skull? If you cant get on after the 20th by all means have a meltdown.

The game retails in the UK for £39.99, it cost me £39.99 back when I pre-ordered and got my EGA code and it would cost me £39.99 if I waltz in and brought it on release day missing the EGA.

Therefore EGA has cost me nothing, meaning im entitled to nothing, this is something we should ALL be grateful of. If you paid more for EGA then more fool you. Maybe next time use a different retailer.

I am pretty sure that you had to pay at least five dollars to get a code for early access. That means that you are a paying customer. My suggestion is that you read aloud to yourself what you are typing before you post in hopes that it points out the flaws in your own logic. Paying any dollar amount for something makes you a paying customer.

logic fail. Retail stores that have soft openings don't require you to return anything when they officially open either. It doesn't mean they were officially open to the public yet.

So when the company that is publishing the game calls it "launch" they are lying about the status of their own product? Thanks for playing, better luck next time.

Notice the word "release" and the word "launch" are not the same words.

Edited by Tehimage

Secondly, BW has called this a launch. The game has launched. On the 20th people that were granted EGA are not going to lose their progress. THEREFORE it is a launch. Is the build going to change? No. Are peoples characters going to be lost? No.

In all honesty, I think BW would be better off if they required a short IQ test before people were allowed to post.

Semantics. Fact is, if I can't go out, buy the game, install and play the game has not officially launched. Opening the doors to some and saying the game has launched was bad form on Biowares part.

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

After the next few days when you all get in this will be forgotten. Settle down, drink a beer and go to sleep.

Semantics. Fact is, if I can't go out, buy the game, install and play the game has not officially launched. Opening the doors to some and saying the game has launched was bad form on Biowares part.

I definitely agree with you on that. BW should never have called this a launch, but too late now :D.

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

So who has paid? A distributor has $5 of my money towards the final $60 purchase price of a product that I've yet to receive yet.

If the couple of thousand whiny brats actually up and quit and walked away from this game for good this could be the BEST thing BioWare could do for SW:TOR's community long term.

The only thing that will be remembered is all the whining. Come Friday no one will really care. Come the 20th there will be a couple million playing TOR.

Water under the bridge...but the whiners will still screech like mewling lambs until the end of their days. They never shuttup. That's the only thing that will be remembered about today and this community.

Nice job.

So when the company that is publishing the game calls it "launch" they are lying about the status of their own product? Thanks for playing, better luck next time.

Notice the word "release" and the word "launch" are not the same words.

Yeah and the word "launching" and "launch date" don't have the same meaning. durrrrrrrr Glad you can differentiate between some basic words though. Too bad you are so hung up on the word "launching". Also, if you had half a brain, you would notice that those very new messages with the one word "launching" were just welcome messages to the early access people, why don't you read and reread all the other areas on SWTOR in which they state that the official launch is the 20th?

Can anyone log in yet? Nope only people invited to early access. Can I get another durrrrrrrr?

Edited by potroast

BIOWARE I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOU. My relationship with you as your unargued best fan possible is STRAINED TO BREAK POINT. I preordered SWTOR yesterday AND NOW I LEARN I MAY NOT GET MORE THAN ONE DAY IN THE HEAD START?! I PREORDERED RESPONSIBLY SO I COULD GET IN THE HEAD START! I have not felt MORE HURT AND BETRAYED since the American public DEFIED THE LAWS OF NATURE ITSELF AND ELECTED A REPTILE PRESIEDN.T

I HAVE PLAYED ALL THE BALDURS GATE GAMES. I have TWO COPIES OF EACH MASS EFFFECT and I don't even have a PS3! I've served JAIL TIME FOR YOU, on those completely spurious allegations of assault when that kid at GameStop tried to take MY CARDBOARD ADVERTISEMENT LIFESIZED COMMANDER SHEPARD. As you can clearly see I have BLED FOR YOU.

YOU OWE ME SOMETHING. And THIS is how you treat me.

I'm going to CANCEL MY PREORDER. Then I'm going to call the BBB and make them SUE YOU FOR BREACH. They're a GOVERNMENT BUREAU SO YOU KNOW THEY'LL FIND SOME REASON TO PUT THE SCREWS TO YOU BUDDYBOY. You'll regret this.

Now if you just let me in in the next wave bygones are bygones, right? No blood no foul?

But let's just say, LET'S JUST SAy if you don't see the UNASSAIlable REASON of my letter to you here, I will guaranTEE YOU THAT THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WILL KNOW IT WAS BIOWARE, NOT ME THAT puaT THE HAMARHAMMER to four copies of MASS EFFECT in the street gutter in front of my house.

Think on it. I kNKnow you will make the rigt decision.

The games not out yet, just because there are 100 complaining cry babies on forums doesn't mean the other 20 Mil are gonna hate the game.. Some of us with pre orders and collectors actually have this thing called patience you strange arse crying nerd.

Grow up mane.

The games not out yet, just because there are 100 complaining cry babies on forums doesn't mean the other 20 Mil are gonna hate the game.. Some of us with pre orders and collectors actually have this thing called patience you strange arse crying nerd.

Grow up mane.

you cray mane

BIOWARE I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOU. My relationship with you as your unargued best fan possible is STRAINED TO BREAK POINT. I preordered SWTOR yesterday AND NOW I LEARN I MAY NOT GET MORE THAN ONE DAY IN THE HEAD START?! I PREORDERED RESPONSIBLY SO I COULD GET IN THE HEAD START! I have not felt MORE HURT AND BETRAYED since the American public DEFIED THE LAWS OF NATURE ITSELF AND ELECTED A REPTILE PRESIEDN.T

I HAVE PLAYED ALL THE BALDURS GATE GAMES. I have TWO COPIES OF EACH MASS EFFFECT and I don't even have a PS3! I've served JAIL TIME FOR YOU, on those completely spurious allegations of assault when that kid at GameStop tried to take MY CARDBOARD ADVERTISEMENT LIFESIZED COMMANDER SHEPARD. As you can clearly see I have BLED FOR YOU.

YOU OWE ME SOMETHING. And THIS is how you treat me.

I'm going to CANCEL MY PREORDER. Then I'm going to call the BBB and make them SUE YOU FOR BREACH. They're a GOVERNMENT BUREAU SO YOU KNOW THEY'LL FIND SOME REASON TO PUT THE SCREWS TO YOU BUDDYBOY. You'll regret this.

Now if you just let me in in the next wave bygones are bygones, right? No blood no foul?

But let's just say, LET'S JUST SAy if you don't see the UNASSAIlable REASON of my letter to you here, I will guaranTEE YOU THAT THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WILL KNOW IT WAS BIOWARE, NOT ME THAT puaT THE HAMARHAMMER to four copies of MASS EFFECT in the street gutter in front of my house.

Think on it. I kNKnow you will make the rigt decision.

They breached nothing. From day one it has always been "May be up to 5 days early access."

And from day one it has always been: We will be doing a staggered launch.

That, and they are legally covered as well in contract. Entitlements purchased by players are always subject to change. This falls under an entitlement, even though the only thing that was subject to change was the length in this case, from 5 to 7 days.

QQ More. I'm going back on my Sith Warrior.