Why a "50 only" que will just make things worse. Much worse.

lexiekaboom

So you like to PVP, but you're not "hardcore". You haven't had time to get to level 50 and you don't have the time or inclination to learn the ins and outs of the system to min-max gear and abilities?

Right now your PVP experience is pretty bad. You are either a Sith, in which can you are a completely worthless member of a team that could win without you, basically being power-leveled by a broken reward system. If you are republic you are fodder to a pre-made team of 50s, and being grinded like a newbie quest, earning very little for yourself and just part to the system that will ensure the side that is winning will always continue to win. You wound be doing your side more good if you simply didn't que up at all, because at least then you couldn't be farmed for xp and loot.

But wait! This will all change when a level 50 only que is introduced! Then everything will be wonderful and balanced. Bioware just needs to apply this magic solution and everything bad goes away.

Excpet ... not.

The level 50s that are in warzones right now have gear that should have taken months to get, accelerated by the one sided victories and the increased reward for winning. When you hit 50, the 50 only que will be worse then the current que as you fight fully geared teams with your normal loot. The reward system will still be broken, so it will take YOU months to get any new gear if you are willing to stick our lose after lose after lose to the "grandfathered" toons.

The solution for the true casual player will have some impact at least, with low level toons able to fight each other with reasonable balance. Even when the PVP guilds get board and start new toons to escape there long que times, the lack of epic gear until 50 will prevent them from dominating. People will dread turning 50 however, as that means being condemned to the wasteland of unbalanced game play and long ques.

So if you are a hard core PVP and already have your PVP gear, hats off to you. Good game. The problem is you already won, and when you get board of winning, I'm going to be sad to see you go.

If you are a casual gamer who will never get a toon to 50 you're golden. When the 50 que comes in you'll be able to have a great time on your level 30 for life toons.

But if you are just turning 50, I have some bad news for you. You will never be able to PVP under the current plan. The 50 only que (which is coming) will just raise your que time while not in any way balancing things for you. You'll have to simply wait for the hardcore people to quit out of frustrating ... but by then, things are going to be pretty far gone.

There hasn't been a single dev post on PVP so I know they are not even reading this, but if someone happens to; you can still fix PVP. And you need to, quickly. Simply watch a days matches on any server. Watch one side lose match after match. Watch teams of level 13 republic toons fight teams of 8 level 50 sorcerers over and over again and ask yourself "would I be enjoying that?".

We still trust you can fix this, you just need to open your eyes.,

Agreed, the whole wz pvp thing is absurdly broken. Warzones were a blast the first few days, but now, if you go on your main, you boringly faceroll ... or if you go on an alt, you get facerolled.

Not to mention the server load lag, postional updates, delayed abilities etc ... sadly, i think you are right ... the implementation at release has borked the longterm aspects of the pvp side of this game.

I've been top3 score (uincluding objectives, damage and kills) all week long, in at least 70% of my warzones as a marauder and a bh (both from level 15-30)

On the server i play on im regularly against guild premades with at least 3-4 items of champion gear each, if not full pvp gear, and yet i still manage to do well.

Hmm, perhaps OP is terrible at the game?

When you hit 50, the 50 only que will be worse then the current que as you fight fully geared teams with your normal loot. The reward system will still be broken, so it will take YOU months to get any new gear if you are willing to stick our lose after lose after lose to the "grandfathered" toons.
So either we get farmed by fully PvP-geared 50s at 10-50, or we get famed by fully PvP-geared 50s only at 50? Where exactly did you think you were making an argument against brackets?

I made no argument against brackets. I said they will make things worse and other fixes are required in addition to brackets.

The only answer we have gotten from Bioware to the broken PVP is "don't worry, a level 50 que is coming, everything will be fine"

Although this needs to happen, it's not going to fix anything for current 50s, new 50s, or anyone planning on hitting 50.

I don't know what they could do.

Level 50's in pvp gear kill people too quickly when they are playing 1-49's or if they were just playing newly minted level 50's.

I loved the warfronts in RIFT until I hit level 50 - then trying to grind my way up the pvp ladder against fully-geared out players is what made me rage-quit the game.

It's a problem in this game (I'm only level 34 right now), but it would be a problem, maybe a worse one, at level 50 if they had brackets, because at least now, you can kill the random level 20 player in there.

Gear dependency in PvP is stupid anyway. Do you need an extra queen or two to play chess?

If you do the right things and do the right moves you can have three or four extra queens. If you want PvP without gear dependency, FPS shooters and RTS games are --> that way.

I've been top3 score (uincluding objectives, damage and kills) all week long, in at least 70% of my warzones as a marauder and a bh (both from level 15-30)

On the server i play on im regularly against guild premades with at least 3-4 items of champion gear each, if not full pvp gear, and yet i still manage to do well.

Hmm, perhaps OP is terrible at the game?

because it hard to stand back avoid objectives and do high dmg , to you know people trying to win a game

I don't know what they could do.

Level 50's in pvp gear kill people too quickly when they are playing 1-49's or if they were just playing newly minted level 50's.

I loved the warfronts in RIFT until I hit level 50 - then trying to grind my way up the pvp ladder against fully-geared out players is what made me rage-quit the game.

It's a problem in this game (I'm only level 34 right now), but it would be a problem, maybe a worse one, at level 50 if they had brackets, because at least now, you can kill the random level 20 player in there.

fully agree with you . loved the pvp untill cap when players who had more time to get gear could easy kill you without skill

They practically throw the gear at you when you hit 50 and is so easy to get whether you win or lose most of the time that i really don't see how it's a problem.

you try playing 14 war-zones and only have two wins cause the rest of your team is level 12 or 20 or 30. Tell me how you feel afterward. It grinds you down to not even wanting to PvP anymore. No army or side can stomach defeat after defeat. Eventually it's become so one sided that probably on some servers, it's going to be all imperials and no republics.

Edited by Andrew_Waltfeld