The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

game keeps seizing up

Trebor-droffig

tried tweeking my graphics on the game and it wouldn't allow me to re-enter the game (i only moved it from low to medium) ,so i deleted the game and reloaded it again (seems like a weekly thing now) i scrubbed all star wars related files from my PC..Now several times a day the game is seizing up and booting me to the screen with the guy holding the cube for a few seconds it then jumps back to the battle again..ive died 2x now because of this glitch...is there a way to fix this problem or do i have to delete and reload the game yet again ? (NO it won't allow me to fix the game from the button..i don't even think that thing works its never lit up anytime the game has gone out)

some intel systems below the minimum game requirements have had issues increasing gfx levels

do the below to reset gfx settings to default , when the game is not running

Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time 

Copy the following in to the text box and press ok 

%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings
Delete the client_settings.ini file , a fresh one will be created on next launch

I would monitor temps if gameplay issues start after 10 - 20 minutes of playing

Wouldn't it reset the game to default by deleting and re-loading the game ?, i know my Pc of 8 months is not up to the game standards from the last time i had a problem (the great block out of paying customers) and everyone informed me i needed the lastest greatest gaming pc to play on anything but minimum settings (still don't understand why a pc less than a yr old can't work on anything but minimum settings..the thing says its UHD ),but anyway i took off everything even remotely Star wars from my pc before re-loading so it should have gone to default settings..it works it just keeps freezing mid-battle and then going to the cube guy screen for a few seconds then jumps right back to where i was in battle..now i'm up to about 20 deaths from this..  its annoying as _____ , guess i will have to delete everything yet again and try from scratch yet again..

There is also a separate issue that even with good system stats, in certain configurations, there can be a memory leak.  And I say memory leak because the slowdown persists beyond closing the app until you restart. If it were other issues, it would end at application close.

deleting the client_setting file is meant to stop you needing to download the game again

I gather you have checked windows power options are set to high performance, if a laptop and on powersave for example, playing would be problematic  

tried your suggestion on just deleting the settings it did nothing to help , i even deleted the game and scrubbed everything star wars related off my PC and it didn't work either (though it seems to be happening only a couple of times a day now not in just about every battle) ,im gonna assume people (developers) are d'ing around with the graphics again and soon i won't be able to play again.. seems to be my problem yet again with my dinosaur pc (less than a year old) since no one else is having this problem,

guess i should just resign myself to playing a bugged out game (this isn't the only problem my Comps seem to be on strike) till i can save $5,000.00 to buy the latest greatest gaming PC , but of course by then the game will have progressed far beyond the dinosaur Gaming PC of today.. yeah im a bit peeved by having constant problems