The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Adding 2nd Combat Style Reset to Cartel Market

I think adding 2nd combat style reset to the cartel market would be good for both players and the developer. It is a quality of life feature that would allow players the opportunity to make a mistake or change their mind. It would also allow for an item on the market that has utility and could earn some more revenue to pay for the games continued service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't.  A reset for whichever style I want, either first or second at my choosing, sure, but not just for the second.(1)

There should be restrictions on it, to prevent people from being twitchy about "Flavour of the Month" combat styles.

(1) I have more than one character from before 7.0 where I'd like to change the first style (inherited from the character's Advanced Class), mostly Troopers formerly Commando who are now Commando/Gunslinger that I'd like to change to Mercenary/Gunslinger to have two two-pistol styles.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

They already struggled to implement the ability to swap to a 2nd. I don't think adding in a token that lets you reset it would be easy and I doubt their ability to do so without butchering classes even more.

On 9/15/2024 at 7:34 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

I don't.  A reset for whichever style I want, either first or second at my choosing, sure, but not just for the second.(1)

There should be restrictions on it, to prevent people from being twitchy about "Flavour of the Month" combat styles.

(1) I have more than one character from before 7.0 where I'd like to change the first style (inherited from the character's Advanced Class), mostly Troopers formerly Commando who are now Commando/Gunslinger that I'd like to change to Mercenary/Gunslinger to have two two-pistol styles.

This is a good reason on why I don't want the ability to just swap to whatever I want. It promotes players to constantly change classes to whatever is the FOTM. I'd rather players create alts and level them than having them constantly change to whatever is meta at the time.

14 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

This is a good reason on why I don't want the ability to just swap to whatever I want. It promotes players to constantly change classes to whatever is the FOTM. I'd rather players create alts and level them than having them constantly change to whatever is meta at the time.

Indeed, which is why I said there should be restrictions.  (Of the "90-day cooldown" type, most likely.  The exact cooldown is up for grabs, but it probably shouldn't be shorter than 90 days.)