Vaylin's Return

Samsquinch

So, I don't know about everyone else, but after Echo's of Oblivion I noticed something off.

For the first time ever you could for 1 flirt with Vaylin for the only time ever. Now this might be minor but when its followed up later with her resurrection then it brings up questions.

For those unaware, Vaylin returns at the end of Echo's of Oblivion in a not so subtle way. (she takes over the dead ginger girl)

With her return clear from even "in game mail" from Satele Shan stating how someone who was dead is now alive by a "miracle".

So the real question is and the only question is; 

When does Vaylin return and to what capacity in the game?

• Like 1

Hopefully she returns soon and the player can make amends with her, maybe recruitment and romance though I wouldn’t mind her going off on some solo adventure. Also Satele is arguably the best person in the galaxy to try and help/redeem Vaylin.

Devs are ignoring her so far, so the community shouldn’t let them forget!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Thenightvortex said:

Hopefully she returns soon and the player can make amends with her, maybe recruitment and romance though I wouldn’t mind her going off on some solo adventure. Also Satele is arguably the best person in the galaxy to try and help/redeem Vaylin.

Devs are ignoring her so far, so the community shouldn’t let them forget!

I agree, it gives the possibility for those options not to mention if both Senya and Arcann are alive via your choices it gives a chance for them to reconcile a be a family again too. With all the extra dialogue those 2 alone had during this expansion its clear they weren't forgotten at least.

Perhaps this could be made as a part of the plan of Malgus tbh

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 6:26 PM, absolutetristan said:

Another one of those plot points the devs have forgotten I fear.

Maybe, but we can hope that its not forgotten and just on the backburner to be brought back in

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Samsquinch said:

Reading that, either rewatch Echos of Oblivion or replay it, you'll see it now

Yeah, there are hints she might do what you say. And, despite that, answering your question: She does not return in any capacity to the story or the game. I invite you to play everythign after Echoes of Oblivion.

28 minutes ago, Quendorite said:

Yeah, there are hints she might do what you say. And, despite that, answering your question: She does not return in any capacity to the story or the game. I invite you to play everythign after Echoes of Oblivion.

I'm aware she hasn't made her grand return and thats the point, we've all seen the hints and are left wondering when it'll be done in the game.

3 hours ago, Samsquinch said:

I agree, it gives the possibility for those options not to mention if both Senya and Arcann are alive via your choices it gives a chance for them to reconcile a be a family again too. With all the extra dialogue those 2 alone had during this expansion its clear they weren't forgotten at least.

Perhaps this could be made as a part of the plan of Malgus tbh

Agreed, I think there’s a lot of potential for variety depending on what you did with Senya and Arcann in KOTET. That said, I hope both paths would have new choices instead of the player being forced into one outcome based on one choice like how you can’t imprison Arcann if you spared Senya or try take him alive if you killed her.

Indeed it would be, I mean they’ve beaten the Darth Malgus has somehow returned into us a few times to the point of even if we kill him off again no one will believe it. So what’s so impossible about another being used as a returning villain or in a non-villain capacity.

in Vaylin’s case as well she was also never mentioned as one of the names “becoming one with the force” Thexan was mentioned as was Revan but not her. Now could that just be lazy writing or intentional is what we may or may not ever know.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Samsquinch said:

Indeed it would be, I mean they’ve beaten the Darth Malgus has somehow returned into us a few times to the point of even if we kill him off again no one will believe it. So what’s so impossible about another being used as a returning villain or in a non-villain capacity.

in Vaylin’s case as well she was also never mentioned as one of the names “becoming one with the force” Thexan was mentioned as was Revan but not her. Now could that just be lazy writing or intentional is what we may or may not ever know.

Satele mentions Valkorion’s family being one with the force if you killed Senya and Arcann but not Vaylin if the two of them are alive. Could be a coincidence, could be a hint.

On 9/4/2024 at 8:18 AM, Thenightvortex said:

Satele mentions Valkorion’s family being one with the force if you killed Senya and Arcann but not Vaylin if the two of them are alive. Could be a coincidence, could be a hint.

Exactly, she makes a point of mentioning Thexan but not Vaylin