The issue with marauders

urcoconuts

Playing a marauder from 1-50 I have noticed a lot of issues with this class.

Pve the class is pretty awesome in boss fights or other single target fights. Stronger aoe would be nice but really not complaining

Pvp, this where the issues lie. Now before anyone says l2p or that I'm bad I will admit that I'm not the best but for what credit it matters I was one of the best rogues on my server in pvp. Regardless the marauder is lacking either in damage or CC. We are the I only class without stuns and wearing medium armor and low health pool we get torn apart faster than light armor people. Either give us more damage preferably or more cc would help a lot. I'm not satin the class is broken and unplayable but some tweaks are in order. There are few that turn this class into a powerhouse class and that's all fine and dandy but puttin forth twice the effort to just be equal with others isn't fun and I have considered rerolling assassin

Thanks for reading

Incoming trolls and l2p

I have to agree that we don't have a lot of stuns or protection right away but we do have some BIG defensive coolodwns that you should be using as much as possible, especially Force Camouflage to get away when ***** starts hitting the fan. 9 out of 10 times i top PvP Dmg and Medals with rage and it's an all around great spec, you should try it out. I've actually seen amazing things from this class in PvP but you have to use your cooldowns, theyre not OHH **** buttons, more like "use them as much as possible" buttons. Edited by MrPilkington

I have to agree that we don't have a lot of stuns or protection right away but we do have some BIG defensive coolodwns that you should be using as much as possible, especially Force Camouflage to get away when ***** starts hitting the fan. 9 out of 10 times i top PvP Dmg and Medals with rage and it's an all around great spec, you should try it out. I've actually seen amazing things from this class in PvP but you have to use your cooldowns, theyre not OHH **** buttons, more like "use them as much as possible" buttons.

Yes I know popping cool downs is the melody of the marauder most of the time. I heard rage is great for pvp but not pve so much. I kinda wanna do both so I don't have to respec to do each. It shouldn't be a sacrifice to choose specs. It should be how you want to play and what best fits you

Agreed, Damage is not a problem at this moment but just that u fully get slow and constant knockback starts to make it really hard to impossible. Compared to every other class even the Sith Assasin as melee too has alot of slows and stuns.

We should be able to have like some knock back or stuns to make it better. Everyone other class seems to get stuns knockback and everything at low lvl. Only one i have at this time is force choke and crippling slash. That is one stun that i cant do any other damage then what comes from force choke and cripling is just bit of slow. Something that would actually stop being slowed or stun non stop would be good too. just something to stop that from happing and people just non stop kite you around.

Yes I know popping cool downs is the melody of the marauder most of the time. I heard rage is great for pvp but not pve so much. I kinda wanna do both so I don't have to respec to do each. It shouldn't be a sacrifice to choose specs. It should be how you want to play and what best fits you

Actually, Rage atm is the highest DPS PvE spec as well, as far as anyone can tell from theory crafting it has i think an overall 10% DPS/DMG advantage over Annihilation.

Agreed, Damage is not a problem at this moment but just that u fully get slow and constant knockback starts to make it really hard to impossible. Compared to every other class even the Sith Assasin as melee too has alot of slows and stuns.

We should be able to have like some knock back or stuns to make it better. Everyone other class seems to get stuns knockback and everything at low lvl. Only one i have at this time is force choke and crippling slash. That is one stun that i cant do any other damage then what comes from force choke and cripling is just bit of slow. Something that would actually stop being slowed or stun non stop would be good too. just something to stop that from happing and people just non stop kite you around.

And once you hit 40, nothing can kite you if you're rage, your 40 point ability slows the target aswell as doing good damage, and your Obliterate increases your movement speed by 40% for like 6 seconds and it also has a 10m range incase youre alread behind your target, and if both of those are on CD you have your force charge.

Actually, Rage atm is the highest DPS PvE spec as well, as far as anyone can tell from theory crafting it has i think an overall 10% DPS/DMG advantage over Annihilation.

I try out rage spec then a lot of people have been sayin good things about it. I like annihilation a lot and wish carnage was better. What is the main damaging ability in rage?

I try out rage spec then a lot of people have been sayin good things about it. I like annihilation a lot and wish carnage was better. What is the main damaging ability in rage?

Your main Damaging Ability is actually your AoE Smash. Read through the spec and see why but basically once your use your lvl 40 ability on the target and either obliterate or force charge your smash does 100% more dmg and is an automatic crit, and at level 50 hits for about 3-3.5k with average gear. Read through the spec and see how it works out for your, generally to start off an attack you go (Charge > Force Crush > Ravage > Smash > Obliterate > Force Choke > Smash)