How am I supposed to sell armor on the GTN if every time I pick something up it immediately binds to my character?

I have a piece of gold gear I got from a boss (or mini boss idk) I no longer need, on the GTN this piece is going for 10000000+ credits. But the problem is the as soon as I pick something up it's bound to me with no way to unbind the item, and because of that I can no longer sell it on the GTN. Is everything for sale on the GTN just stuff bought from the CM? If so, doesn't the fact that you basically have to spend real money just to sell stuff kinda defeat the whole purpose of having an in-game market? That's like if on RuneScape you could buy things from the GE as a f2p player but in order to sell things you had to be members

It depends. The two main types of Gold gear that drop from bosses are 258/lv70 gear (drops level 70-74) that is unbound until equipped. The other is gear of 300-306 rating for level 75 (but drops 75-79). This gear is bound to legacy.  Purple gear that drops from bosses is generally unbound except for the stuff above level 60. If you use something in outfitter, even if you never equip it, it binds.

Ah see I did not know that it binds on equip I thought it was on pickup, my bad lol. I wish the devs would implement some way to unbind items, like maybe some vendor or droid in the Republic/Imperial fleet and you pay them like 1000000 credits to unbind an item or something idk.

In addition, never pay more than about 300k for the 258 gear since that is what it costs directly from the vendors on Ossus (with required rep). The people charging more are delusional.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tsteenburg said:

In addition, never pay more than about 300k for the 258 gear since that is what it costs directly from the vendors on Ossus (with required rep). The people charging more are delusional.

Mostly..99%...I agree.

However if someone pays for the artifact unlock as F2P, and they likely can't get to Ossus, then the only place they CAN get it from is the GTN.   So...there's a "tax" (if you will), for not being a subscriber and wanting that 258 gear.

Thinking about it a bit more, F2P can't even get to level 70, so it doesn't matter.

However, other things in game do only come from vendors on high level planets and are often purchased by players and then put on the GTN, charging more than the vendor.

Edited by Darev
  • Like 1