Companion Gift trade/upgrades vendors and gift influence indicators

Posted (edited)

Companion Gift Vendors

I would really like to see Companion gifts vendors which can trade in old low rank companion gifts for higher rank gifts. Keeping getting tons of lower rank gifts from missions etc but gifting them to companions who are too high a level mean they are worthless. If we could say trade in say:

10 rank 1 trophy gifts for 1 rank2 gift,

10 rank2 trophy gifts for 1 rank3 gift

10 rank3 trophy gifts for 1 rank4 gift

etc (the number of gifts traded would need to match the benefit gained from the higher rank gift for e.g.  if 10 rank1 at 100 influence = 1 rank2 1000 influence etc)

This would save of the number of clicks you need to gift all the gifts one after the other like gifting 200 Droid parts to my droid companion takes a while right.

Gift influence indicators

In addition, it would be really good if we knew how much influence each gift would provide to the various companions in advance like by hovering over the gift to get it's details rather then simply saying none, small, medium and large when large could be anything from 100 - 10,000 or so even on a rank 6 gift.

Edited by paulstarglider

3 hours ago, paulstarglider said:

Companion Gift Vendors

I would really like to see Companion gifts vendors which can trade in old low rank companion gifts for higher rank gifts. Keeping getting tons of lower rank gifts from missions etc but gifting them to companions who are too high a level mean they are worthless. If we could say trade in say:

10 rank 1 trophy gifts for 1 rank2 gift,

10 rank2 trophy gifts for 1 rank3 gift

10 rank3 trophy gifts for 1 rank4 gift

etc (the number of gifts traded would need to match the benefit gained from the higher rank gift for e.g.  if 10 rank1 at 100 influence = 1 rank2 1000 influence etc)

This would save of the number of clicks you need to gift all the gifts one after the other like gifting 200 Droid parts to my droid companion takes a while right.

Gift influence indicators

In addition, it would be really good if we knew how much influence each gift would provide to the various companions in advance like by hovering over the gift to get it's details rather then simply saying none, small, medium and large when large could be anything from 100 - 10,000 or so even on a rank 6 gift.

Gifts: There's a Gold-rank vendor on Odessen, if you're able to burn 250k per gift. But other than that, I think something along the lines of what you're thinking could work.

Influence: While I agree that the in-game representation needed more work done, at this point I'd just use Swtorista's companion guides. She goes into granular detail about the whole rank thing, if you want to be that specific.

4 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Gifts: There's a Gold-rank vendor on Odessen, if you're able to burn 250k per gift.

In terms of value-for-credits, the grade 5 purple gifts from the vendors on Fleet are *much* better value.  (10K instead of 250K for a quarter of the points...)

• Thanks 3