Remove Fortification quest's cargo droid part

This game breaking bug's been around since 2022. Instead of going through such mundane yet game breaking step you should just remove this section of the quest all together. People still experience this bug even today and can't progress through the story at all.

• Like 3

Which quest is that, please elaborate on what Planet's you get the quest on, what Class is given this.  It also helps if you identify the exact step, what it describes, and what steps your unable to complete... ...then people might be able to help or explain.

• Fortification Quests, Cargo Droid?
Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

3 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Which quest is that, please elaborate on what Planet's you get the quest on, what Class is given this

It's the segment in Impside Manaan post-Onslaught, where you have to pilot a cargo droid to do something that I don't remember what it is.

EDIT: and for some folks it bugs out and doesn't let them activate the droid mode.

Edited by SteveTheCynic
  • Thanks 1

Oh alright, I've never had a problem with it, still that doesn't mean others don't...

But yes, now I know which Mission they are talking about:

Fortification (mission) - Star Wars: The Old Republic Wiki (fandom.com)

Still it be nice to know exactly what part, they are having problems with, so Developers could either fix it, or identify what the problem is that might warrant them taking it out.

Edited by Strathkin

16 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Oh alright, I've never had a problem with it, still that doesn't mean others don't...

But yes, now I know which Mission they are talking about:

Fortification (mission) - Star Wars: The Old Republic Wiki (fandom.com)

Still it be nice to know exactly what part, they are having problems with, so Developers could either fix it, or identify what the problem is that might warrant them taking it out.

A lot of people already posted enough complaint about this quest. It's when you interact with the console to take control of loader droid to carry the mines.
The bug is:
1. You're stuck as loader droid near the console (clipped into the console or chairs nearby and /unstuck doesn't work at all)

2. Even if you somehow doesn't get stuck to the console or chair you're still stuck in a wrong room, instead of teleporting into the warehouse.
3. People used to teleport to fleet or to SH and reload the mission to get a chance to progress but after the new patch that work around no longer works.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RevenantMac said:

A lot of people already posted enough complaint about this quest. It's when you interact with the console to take control of loader droid to carry the mines.
The bug is:
1. You're stuck as loader droid near the console (clipped into the console or chairs nearby and /unstuck doesn't work at all)

2. Even if you somehow doesn't get stuck to the console or chair you're still stuck in a wrong room, instead of teleporting into the warehouse.
3. People used to teleport to fleet or to SH and reload the mission to get a chance to progress but after the new patch that work around no longer works.

Then that is a BIG problem, and they need to FIX it.

@CommunityTeam

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Then that is a BIG problem, and they need to FIX it.

@CommunityTeam

It's been 2 years my friend, 2 years. Since they haven't fixed it at this point then it's best they remove this step all together. Removing the root of the problem rather than just work arounds or a temporary fix that's going to disappear whenever new update comes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This is beyond the joke. The lack of support from the developer on this is pathetic. 

IT IS STILL BUGGED. FIX WHAT I AM PAYING A SUBSCRIPTION TO PLAY.

Edited by Sovetski
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Sovetski & @RevenantMac

If I recall correctly, I'm now realizing I may have experienced a slight problem first time; yet I restarted it, if memory serves it's like a puzzle, so see bullet point below.

I think part of the challenge is you need to complete the bonus objectives, before it lets you proceed, but ever since I started doing that I've never had a problem.

• If memory serves the bonus objective is what restores power to the sub, and without completing it you can't destroy the last obstacle.

-- Update: or it's a special console (non bonus objective) you need to find, when you click this it restores your power to blow the last obstacle.

I'll have to repost next time I have a toon going thru Manaan, something like that seems to ring a bell; as I said I've never really had a problem...  ...then I recalled the very first time I may have had a very similar problem not being able to proceed.  I redid it only one time, having gotten stumped, next time I just took my time and completed all objectives including the bonus, and every time since it's never been a problem! 

So finding a way past it is very possible, as best as I now recall.  Hope that extra tip helps you move forward!

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar & tagged two people.

On 5/12/2024 at 6:11 PM, Strathkin said:

@Sovetski & @RevenantMac

If I recall correctly, I'm now realizing I may have experienced a slight problem first time; yet I restarted it, if memory serves it's like a puzzle, so see bullet point below.

I think part of the challenge is you need to complete the bonus objectives, before it lets you proceed, but ever since I started doing that I've never had a problem.

• If memory serves the bonus objective is what restores power to the sub, and without completing it you can't destroy the last obstacle.

I'll have to repost next time I have a toon going thru Manaan, something like that seems to ring a bell; as I said I've never really had a problem...  ...then I recalled the very first time I may have had a very similar problem not being able to proceed.  I redid it only one time, having gotten stumped, next time I just took my time and completed all objectives including the bonus, and every time since it's never been a problem! 

So finding a way past it is very possible, as best as I now recall.  Hope that extra tip helps you move forward!

It worked days later (which is weird) and no, there's no bonus objective regarding the use of loader droid in the cargo. As loader droid you carry bombs to the submarine and that's the part people get stuck at.

Posted (edited)

@RevenantMac

All I recall is, there is a way past the last obstacle, I thought it was a bonus objective yet maybe it's not; as I said it's been months, yet I've alwasy gotten past it:

If you go direct to last baricade your unable to get past it, all I recall is if you search around there is something you find (blue clicky) that allows you to recharge your energy pool, this allows you to destroy the last barricade.

I just recall it's a bit of a puzzle, or something... 

Edited by Strathkin