Message Deleted by User.

Arashawn

• Arashawn changed the title to Trade between players is subject to a fee of 8% of the ...

At risk of being contrarian, there is a very easy solution to your problem. You and your husband, assuming you each have your own individual computers, can easily create a guild in less than 10 minutes simply by creating two dummy F2P accounts. You then both have access to the guild bank and can transfer items and credits to each other freely in addition to reaping the other rewards that guilds offer. 

It can even be a dummy guild for just the two of you if you are both part of a larger guild with many players, though you would each need to create a dummy / mule alt to transfer items to first. Granted, you would have to wait for 30 days upon starting the guild to do so. With that said, many of us agree that the 30 day restriction is too long before being able to trade items and credits freely, but that is a separate issue (Personally, I think it should be no more than two weeks, probably even just one week.)

In my opinion, though, the benefits of the 8% tax far outweigh the minor annoyances, particularly when there are readily available solutions. 

We have seen the new tax in action and it has helped curb inflation and remove credits from the game as well as achieving Broadsword's desired goal of steering players to the GTN.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arashawn said:

Hi, Developers,

With the introductions of the most recent patch, you've introduced a new 'levy' and are taxing players to move items and money between accounts (8%). I feel this is absurd.

My husband and I play the game and are founders, and this change has us both wanting to cancel the game and boycott SWTOR openly online. I don't feel we should be taxed to openly trade something that drops for either of us. I understand there may be reasons for this, such as illegal trading. However, it penalizes players who don't trade illegally. Games such as Warcraft, FFXIV, and others that have been around for decades have never taken such actions to mitigate illegal trading. It may be best to review best practices if this is actually the reason for its implementation and look for other options. The saying goes, a lock only keeps out honest people, and I feel that this levy will only chastise and keep away your honest, hard-working players and not those people trying to exploit the system.

I strongly urge the Developers to reconsider this addition, as it does not improve QoL for paying players. It does not foster a community, and it definitely doesn't foster any desire for me to help other players at this point, especially if I am going to be charged to do so.

Warmest regards,

Arashawn

It’s to address the inflation. Ironically the peeps moving the most credit/expensive items are credit sellers 

For long term friendships I suggest having a guild with a bank. There is not a tax for exchanging credits in there. Though the is a 30 day restriction.

Posted (edited)

Strange, it would have been nice if the Support person I spoke with had mentioned it was a Thirty-day thing. I would have been entirely behind that. I understood from the email that it was an ongoing levy for all trades. With that being said, thank you. I will purge my message and leave it in the dust, as I agree with a 30-day tax. I just returned from a Hiatus. (as You can tell with me paying taxes again.) So, it makes sense.

Warmest regards,

Arashawn

Oh, and thank you both!

Edited by Arashawn

• Arashawn changed the title to Message Deleted by User.
On 4/18/2024 at 6:37 PM, Arashawn said:

I will purge my message and leave it in the dust,

Too late for that, seeing as how the post above yours quoted your original post in its entirety.

On 4/18/2024 at 6:37 PM, Arashawn said:

as I agree with a 30-day tax.

I don't.  The 30-day guild bank exclusion is longer than necessary, and could easily be reduced to a week, or even two or three days, with as much effectiveness.

On 4/18/2024 at 10:37 AM, Arashawn said:

Strange, it would have been nice if the Support person I spoke with had mentioned it was a Thirty-day thing. I would have been entirely behind that. I understood from the email that it was an ongoing levy for all trades. With that being said, thank you. I will purge my message and leave it in the dust, as I agree with a 30-day tax. I just returned from a Hiatus. (as You can tell with me paying taxes again.) So, it makes sense.

Warmest regards,

Arashawn

Oh, and thank you both!

Just to clarify. there isn’t a timer on the taxes. You can “avoid” the tax by trading in a guild bank. New guild members (except the first guild master) can’t deposit or retrieve items in the guild bank for at least 30 days.

best of luck.

Edited by AFadedMemory