The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Years Old Character Destroyed

JianSarys

I have or had a Jedi Sage. After doing several IMP characters mission to Train With The Force and choose a secondary combat, I decided to do this one. Figured I would do a Sage/Shadow.
So I chose that. The game turned my character into a Sorcerer Lightning/Shadow. Not cool at all. I never picked Sorcerer, I picked Shadow which is did just that, but it changed my main original all these years role into something else which it shouldn't have done. 

I read somewhere once you chose that's it, you are fkd. However, I never chose Lightning or Sorcerer, I chose Shadow, and again it gave that to me, so why did it turn my only leveled Jedi character into an IMP? I am so angry right now, and this is seriously drining me to no longer subbing after almost 13 yrs. I can not at all figure out why this changed my main build. It's suppose to be a secondary, and again, I never Chose IMP anything. 

There are two separate 'Combat Style' mechanics at play here:

1. Adding a second Combat Style can be done on any character (assuming you meet the level and subscription requirements).  This has (or at least should have) no impact on your 'original' combat style.
    1. This option appears as a mission in your mission log.
  2. Force-user characters with the 'wrong alignment' for their 'team' (Dark Jedi and Light Sith) get a separate option to permanently change their original combat style to its 'mirror' equivalent (Sage to Sorcerer in your case).
    1. This option appears as a 'Mission Offer' button on the 'Combat Style' tab of your character pane.

Most likely, your character was a 'dark side jedi' and you clicked on this 'mission offer' button at some point...

Edited by Ominovin