Transfering character to server with other legacy name, and Max Rep solution.

Hello.

What happens if I transfer a character with a high profile much-unlocked-stuff-legacy to a server with a newcreated low profile legacy with another Legacyname?

Do I:

A-End up with 2 legacy's on the target server?

B-End up with 1 Legacy and have to pick/chose the definite name?

C:End up with 1 Legacy, and the name will be picked by the game?

Also any achievement that was completed on the old server will be autocompleted on the new one?

(*I wish we got some degrading options for maxed out reputation. It would generate clicks, be a timesink, and solve a lot more stuff like maxed-out-problems, as well as it would make sense as well as maintaining rep levels should be a logic thing. In real life rep is fleeting too if one does not see a shopkeeper for 47 years.. 😁.

A second option countering maxed-out rep problems is that the level become coins, and rep vendors sell deco and cc gear and surprize boxes. Coins are spent, rep goes down, and we get a timesink back and stuff to do. And since rep is hard work, we may sell these items 🙃👍💯)

The legacy name of the target server (the server you are transferring to) will be unchanged. The legacy level will reflect the highest legacy level, and achievement will merge (the achievements unlocked on sending server will be unlocked on target server.)

im not sure what you mean by max rep problem. You should still be able to sell rep token when you hit the weekly cap or can use them any more.

My space mission reputation tokens on my main legacy are greyed out since I got 100% reputation with flying.

On the target server I can still use these rep chips.

What I mean is that the entire reputation bar should be converted to tokens so we can both buy stuff as well as get back to 100% by again flying around.

If you are maxed out, zero rep chips can be used. In any rep bar...

2 hours ago, Capt_Solbeamer said:

My space mission reputation tokens on my main legacy are greyed out since I got 100% reputation with flying.

On the target server I can still use these rep chips.

Yes, normal.  But if you transfer a character from the maxed-out server to the not-maxed-out server, the *destination* server will become maxed out.  (For incomplete reps, the destination server acquires the *higher* of the two levels, not the *sum* of them.)

2 hours ago, Capt_Solbeamer said:

What I mean is that the entire reputation bar should be converted to tokens so we can both buy stuff as well as get back to 100% by again flying around.

If you are maxed out, zero rep chips can be used. In any rep bar...

Subject to the observation that if you are using "Requires XXXXXXX standing" items, they should be disabled until you regain rank XXXXXXX again.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 4:55 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Subject to the observation that if you are using "Requires XXXXXXX standing" items, they should be disabled until you regain rank XXXXXXX again.

Yes. One has to maintain keeping the reputation up.

Not sure if people like the traidoff of having stuff to do in order to be able to buy stuff for the effort.

Maybe some golden items as option to buy if one is able to keep the rep at 90%+ a year long. Special under-the-counter items. Rare ones that roulate/swap around.

A bar counting down warns players that the 90% is about to hit soon will be needed. A bar that counts down during play time only. Not too hard to prevent forum fires... 🙃

*Maybe events determine which ones don't countdown during the event. There might be a LOT of rep bars, so it must not become a 'mission impossible'.

And if these vendor sell season tokens, this might be a nice bonus. 5 % rep for 1 token?

For the rep thing, they could do something like the Paragon system in WoW. After maxing a rep, you could continue gaining rep and eventually get a crate with random items related to that faction. I didn't find that system super interesting in WoW, but it would allow rep tokens to alway be useful. Vendoring rep tokens is boring. It would be a lot more interesting if they could still be consumed and still progress towards something (even if it's not a whole lot). If they want to make it easy, they could just give a Chance Cube (1 random cartel market item).

Edited by ThanderSnB

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 6:58 PM, ThanderSnB said:

After maxing a rep, you could continue gaining rep and eventually get a crate with random items related to that faction

I would rather see those tokens be used to purchase cosmetic gear/strong hold decos (bind on pickup).