Your opinions, Hatred or Deception?

i love both specs, but I don't know which one pulls the bigger damage, as far as I know, Hatred has AOE and Deception doesn't????

Maybe I should start playing with Deception than change to Hatred what do you all think?

I also don't know which one is better for flashpoints, operations (especially hard mode and master mode ones) and etc.

I don't know their main differences, except for the fact one is dot and one is burst, I think I'll start with burst, since in heroics for now, Deception seems to have the upper hand, ofc there is plenty of level to get to level 80..... and tacticals, which tactical should I use with each spec, thank you in advance, all.

Hatred is easier and can do higher sustained damage. The DoTs provide a buffer. I always use Quick Escalation combined with a shadow craft implant. 

Deception has a role to play and can do much better initial bursts. It's less conventional but I use Luck Always Changes because it's such a crit dependent spec. 

Posted (edited)

OK, thanks, but what about survivability of both and is there any tactical for AOE for Deception, because it's the one area where Deception fails, since it doesn't have any AOE, as far as I know.

Deception has low slash a very nice interrupting ability, something also Hatred should have with also very short cooldown.

Edited by ivicapesun

The Creeping Terror DoT has a root function every 6 or 8 seconds.  

There is a tactical that can make discharge arc to multiple targets: may cause injury, but they nerfed it from 6.x so it is harder to trigger the effect. Your best bet tackling a mob with deception is roll up  from weakest to strongest. Vaulting slash with the autocrit of shadow craft should kill standard enemies in one hit.

12 hours ago, tsteenburg said:

The Creeping Terror DoT has a root function every 6 or 8 seconds.  

There is a tactical that can make discharge arc to multiple targets: may cause injury, but they nerfed it from 6.x so it is harder to trigger the effect. Your best bet tackling a mob with deception is roll up  from weakest to strongest. Vaulting slash with the autocrit of shadow craft should kill standard enemies in one hit.

Also for example there are some really, really hard heroics, where survivability matters, to me Hatred is squishier than Deception, maybe that later on higher levels changes I don't know, but Morgukai on Nar Shadda republic side (so it's Infiltration and Serenity shadow), for example is extremely hard, sure stealth helps a lot, but these are just too many and you really have to be careful what you do and how you do it.

I'm not sure if you can live enough with Serenity/Hatred long enough for its effects to start work, before you get killed (even if it's 50 level companion?).

For FPS/heroics deception is probably better  since you can thin out their numbers with quick kills, better DR and deception shines in skirmish types situations or against bosses that don't have much health like fp bosses. For ops, with few exceptions-like brontes-hatred is better.