The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Crafting 2024

Any chance the devs might give us some indication of their intentions re. crafting going forward?

Now than a lot of crafted items have no value other than for cosmetic purposes it would seem a good time to address this..

A lot of what is craftable has held little or no value in recent years but prior to that I know a good proportion of the community got many years of enjoyment increasing their credits by crafting items of value, I know I did.  This feature kept me engaged with the game often when there was little new content on offer.

We've had a few livestreams now with no mention of crafting and I think its time this was rectified.  If there is nothing coming and this is now a dead limb of the game at least be honest and let us know. 

Thanks for reading.

Edited by hillerbees
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, hillerbees said:

Any chance the devs might give us some indication of their intentions re. crafting going forward?

Now than a lot of crafted items have no value other than for cosmetic purposes it would seem a good time to address this..

A lot of what is craftable has held little or no value in recent years but prior to that I know a good proportion of the community got many years of enjoyment increasing their credits by crafting items of value, I know I did.  This feature kept me engaged with the game often when there was little new content on offer.

We've had a few livestreams now with no mention of crafting and I think its time this was rectified.  If there is nothing coming and this is now a dead limb of the game at least be honest and let us know. 

Thanks for reading.

THey have no intentions of doing ANYTHING going forward aside from the Cartel Market.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I posted in the crew skills sub forum, but be careful what you ask for with crafting updates.

They'll add a bunch of materials and up the numbers needed while decreasing the amounts from missions and gathering while adding a bunch of gates to actually be able to craft anything of even marginal usefulness...

OR

...it will be another 'here are a few more points of stats on an augment' with mat requirements that majority come from PVP or something else totally not related to crafting and just another glorified time sink to grind out.

The likelihood we ever get another full grade of materials that follow the basic structure of crafting that has existed since the game launched until the last few expansions, with useful gear, sets of armor, dyes, color crystals, grenades, biochem consumables, etc is slim to none.

Heck there are 'bugs' in crafting that go back a decade or more they have never addressed from crit rates that do not work as intended (or at least as explained by the developers years ago), missing missions for certain skills and specific grade levels, UI display issues (display crit rate wrong), etc.

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Thanks 1

Well as long as they don't gate the materials in operation or something stupid like that. Crafting should be accessable and give access to consumable items of some use.  All the mods, armorings etc. are more or less redundant now and its a shame because in turn it makes the gtn redundant.

I'd like to see people's reaction to how its going now too since its had time to settle in.  Can't imagine anyone is getting rich on that anymore either or buying anything worthwhile.

1 hour ago, hillerbees said:

Well as long as they don't gate the materials in operation or something stupid like that. Crafting should be accessable and give access to consumable items of some use.  All the mods, armorings etc. are more or less redundant now and its a shame because in turn it makes the gtn redundant.

I'd like to see people's reaction to how its going now too since its had time to settle in.  Can't imagine anyone is getting rich on that anymore either or buying anything worthwhile.

They can still be useful for people pvping as they lvl up.