Does the Ghostly Magus mask exist within the lore?

So there is this weird mummy zombie-like brain mask in the game, and it is named the "Ghostly Magus."  It is a mask a player could get for a spooky decoration, but I always thought it was just a game thing and doesn't exist in the actual in-universe story lore. But then, I saw the Ghostly Magus, or at what appears to be identical to one, in the story cutscenes of the game...

Spoiler

In the game story cutscenes, there are at least two scenarios were we see what appears to be the Ghostly Magus mask.   The first one is in the Sith Warrior story.   The Sith Warrior grabs an ancient lightsaber from the tomb of Naga Sadow on Korriban.  then, strange magical dark side energy erupt from the crypt where the lightsaber was found, and then it strikes at the statues in the temple, causing them to crack open and reveal some sort of "tomb guardians" as the game says.  However, what intrigued me is that they have the Ghostly Magus face, albeit with the black dye!  But then I wondered...was that actually the Ghostly Magus mask? Was that even a mask at all? Or was it just and identical game model head and it is actually a real, exposed mummy brain with wrappings around the Tomb Guardian's heads?   There is another time were we see what looks identical to the Ghostly Magus mask.  In the Jedi Knight story, when the Hero of Tython and Jedi Master Tol Braga's Jedi Strike Team infiltrate the Sith Emperor Vitiate's space fortress, we meet the Emperor, and he has a head that is exactly identical to the Ghostly Magus mask/Tomb Guardian heads. 

So I wondered, was that a mask the Emperor was wearing, and if so does that mean the Ghostly Magus mask exists within the lore? And what purpose does it serve?  Is the Ghostly Magus mask designed by the Sith like a mummy brain because it is or symbolizes something sinister, and what does the name  "Magus" even mean?

If it wasn't the Ghostly Magus mask that Vitiate was wearing, then was it an actual zombie that the Emperor possessed, and if so, who, or what body was that Voice body for the Emperor? Who or what were the Tomb Guardians? Let me know what you think! 

(P.S. I might be looking too much into this, but the Ghostly Magus mask is so creepy and intriguing that I would like to know what it exactly is.)