Choosing companion order in the UI

OldVengeance

This is a minor thing, but it kind of drives me a little nuts. The Crew Skills UI puts companions in the order of influence, but then when the reach Level 50 it defaults to alphabetically. I find myself kind of wishing there was a way to manually choose what order the portraits appear. I've held off getting several of my companions to 50 influence because that might result in me needing to scroll down through the page to get the ones I want. I already have to do that with the companions screen.

I also like using the window as a way to see my favorite companions at the top of the list. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, OldVengeance said:

This is a minor thing, but it kind of drives me a little nuts. The Crew Skills UI puts companions in the order of influence, but then when the reach Level 50 it defaults to alphabetically. I find myself kind of wishing there was a way to manually choose what order the portraits appear. ....cut 8><....  I also like using the window as a way to see my favorite companions at the top of the list. 

I agree I would rather see them listed by rank 50 at the top as they are the ones I use most.  having to scroll down to find Z00M or Treek for healbot duties is a bit of a pain.   Also on crew skills they need to be fixed so when I click on treasure hunting it doesn't pop up with Archeology when I have artifice as a skill  I find it happens with all of the 3rd choice skills 

It could possibly be modeled after the same way strongholds are - for each character. Your strongholds show in the order you've last used them.

Therefore the companions would show in order of last used. So your most frequent companion would show up first.

Or even better, you could toggle between most frequent and alphabet - so it would be player choice.

• Like 1