Companion Influence Help

samlefox

Playing as Jedi Consular here and I am starting Corellia. I am afraid I won't be able to finish companion stories in time. 

So I am asking, please please please kindly help, what level do I need for each companion to fully see through their story? Should I end Corellia Class story or hold it out?

And another thing, what is the best way to level up influence other than gifts? I don't think heroics do anything?

3 hours ago, samlefox said:

And another thing, what is the best way to level up influence other than gifts? I don't think heroics do anything?

There are four things that give influence:

• Normal companion gifts.
  • The Commander's Compendium, available in the Cartel Market for Cartel Coins, or from a droid on the Fleet called V1C-0RY (4.25 million credits and three Dark Projects).  This promotes your companion *directly* to Influence 50.
  • Crew skill missions from gathering or mission skills.  (Crafting doesn't help at all.)
  • Conversations that offer companion reactions.  For your first companion, there are lots of these in the Black Talon and Esseles flashpoints.  You can easily get several thousand points for that companion from a single run of those FPs.

In terms of time spent, the Compendium is absolutely the fastest way: one click, and all the way to 50.  It's expensive, though.  Buying stacks of purple grade 5 companion gifts from the <Companion Gift Vendor> NPCs in various places is slower, but it's the fastest non-Compendium way to go.