Camera spins randomly

Wintermist

This is an age-old problem and I don't know what causes it, just that setting the mouse polling rate to its lowest make it happen less often.

Basically, I hold down the right mousebutton as I run around, to control my character. Suddenly, and randomly, the camera shifts position completely and makes me run in that direction as well as absolutely confuse me as to where I am facing. Sometimes it even makes me run to my death as it happens when running on a ledge or pipe.

For that matter, also let us turn OFF the mouse acceleration.

Edited by Wintermist

7 hours ago, Wintermist said:

This is an age-old problem and I don't know what causes it, just that setting the mouse polling rate to its lowest make it happen less often.

Basically, I hold down the right mousebutton as I run around, to control my character. Suddenly, and randomly, the camera shifts position completely and makes me run in that direction as well as absolutely confuse me as to where I am facing. Sometimes it even makes me run to my death as it happens when running on a ledge or pipe.

For that matter, also let us turn OFF the mouse acceleration.

From what I've read, it's actually a DirectX 9 bug, not something specific to SWTOR.  As a result, our chance to have it fixed in SWTOR is approximately nothing at all.  (Note: I haven't watched the livestream yet(1)(2), so I don't know if Keith K said anything about the DirectX 12 project he previously mentioned.)

(1) No, there's no point in telling me here-and-now.  I'd prefer to see it for myself, and I'll be watching it in catch-up mode sometime during the weekend.(2)

(2) Today was seriously weird and stress-inducing at work so I decided to skip the livestream and go out to a restaurant by myself on the feast-day of a saint associated with romantic love(3), so the restaurant was full of couples.  I frankly didn't care(4) because of the stress-inducing nature of the day.  I just wanted to go somewhere that wasn't home, and eat good food and drink good wine.

(3) If you think about it carefully, you'll realise that this is something of a contradiction.

(4) On some other day, where work was just ordinary, I might have cared, but...