Need help, having trouble with marauder!

yeahdudes

Im not here just to complain about the marauder class, as it seems pretty obvious to many of us that theres something wrong here. Im just wondering what other people are doing to cope with the current imbalance that is somewhat prevalent while leveling. I had just finished doing a class quest where I was supposed to kill 6 republic npcs, 2 of them being strong units, all at the same time.

Fast forward, I had to die eight times while killing off the weak units first and then dying/respawning to try and finish that. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the quest, that it was just a really hard one, but I found that I'm starting to die on almost every single quest designed to be soloable if it spawns an elite mob.

Looking on here people explain that you shouldnt be carnage spec (which I am) and I'm wondering if thats the problem? What spec should I be for leveling? Im doing quests that are designed for my level or even a level below me. I dont want to come off as whiney or anything, but am sincerely wondering what other marauders do to counter-act this. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something that half of us are missing that makes it so difficult? For example, it took me 7 tries to complete the Demon's Blood quest chain in tattoine (had to wait for the 20min cd to come back). Im also using Quinn.

tl;dr - keep dying while leveling, what do, need sincere help

Edited by yeahdudes

try figure out what your doing wrong. I remember something like what your saying, But I didnt die.

I also didnt die to any of the story so far, with the exception of the ones that I clicked When I was at half health or less, You can probably guess which ones.

Just remember smash is an aoe stun on mobs with no borders. And no borders die quicker.

• 5 weeks later...
Kite the Sand Demon. His grounded AoE seems to do a lot of damage. If you walk backwards in circles he doesn't drop it as often and you can stay out of it. I beat him at 25 first time I tried this method. Quinn was my companion. I didn't even have to use Heroic Moment.