Can you romance multiple characters?

I'm currently playing SWTOR for the first time as a Jedi Consular and I'm at the scene where Felix first tries to kiss you. I hit escape and didn't finish the scene because I'm worried it will lock me into the romance. I'd like to try to romance Zenith once I play later expansions. If I start a romance with Felix, can I end it later on and start a romance with someone else, or will it be too late by then? 

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

You can romance some of your first companions, and then a couple later on.  Some later on when you romance them, force you to make a permanent decision either 'them or me' sorta thing.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2024 at 7:19 PM, Taurax said:

You can romance some of your first companions, and then a couple later on.  Some later on when you romance them, force you to make a permanent decision either 'them or me' sorta thing.  

If you do a Google Search for "star wars the old republic romance options for [Your Character Class Here]" you should quickly find guides to all the romance options, including the brief flings you can have with NPCs along the way! 😉👍

• 2 weeks later...

They have added some romance options as time went on, mostly in the later game.

As far as I know, you can romance only one of the "official" early companions.  If there are two possibilities, you will be put into a place where you will have to choose.

This does not prevent you from messing around with some NPCs on the various planets that you will visit, though.

Later on, there will be more options and, as I understand it, you will be able to continue your romance with your earlier companion if you started one, or to start/continue a romance that you started later on.

But ultimately only one romance at a time in any case.  At least, again, to my understanding.

6 hours ago, Mithros said:

But ultimately only one romance at a time in any case.  At least, again, to my understanding.

In some cases, there's a legitimate way to have two, one active and one in abeyance:

1. Romance the/a relevant origin story companion (e.g. M!Trooper romances Elara).
  2. Romance one of the romanceable companions introduced in Knights of the Fallen Empire or later content.  (e.g. the M!Trooper romances Lana Beniko during KotFE).
  3. At this point, the Trooper has an active romance with Lana, and an in-abeyance romance with Elara.

However:

1. When Elara returns, the Trooper must choose which romance to continue.  Whichever romance the Trooper chooses remains as an active romance, and the Trooper breaks up with the other romanced companion.  Lana takes this break-up very badly.