The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Launcher error: code 964-RepositorySync_error_StallTimeout

Fizba

This is something to try:

[GUIDE] Client Repair Scan - Answer HQ (ea.com)

or more specifically

Launcher error:Code 964-RepositorySync_Error_StallTimeout - Bug Reports - SWTOR | Forums

-- He fixed his problems above, just by powering OFF the computer as I originally posted below...

LAST STEPS TO TRY:

Note: Sometimes just powering OFF your computer for 30 seconds while unplugged, doing a fresh clean BOOT; can sometimes FIX unusual errors or problems...

I'd next perhaps try the following, yet use your best judgement on what you think might help:

• I'd also run some Hardware Diagnostic's in Windows, click on Drive in Explorer & then right-click properties - Tools - Check.
  • Prior to uninstall & reinstall, check & backup this folder, yet realize it's a HIDDEN folder, simply back up the blue folder before Uninstalling.
    -- C:\Users\{Your Username}\AppData\Local\SWTOR\
    --> Make a Backup of that (folder) to DESKTOP or USB, so you can restore after CLEAN install in case it's lost, during uninstall, power cycle & reinstall.
  • Uninstall SWTOR (turn computer OFF for 30 seconds) after removing, then RESTART &  Download now | Star Wars: The Old Republic (swtor.com)
  •  --> Once reinstalled prior to game start restore blue folder to C:\Users\{Your Username}\AppData\Local\SWTOR
  • Sometimes a FRESH reinstallation can help, I wish I could help more, yet now I'm out of suggestions.

Hope something their helps.

image.png.d344fefaa4519bc7ecb82e8821c0c01a.png

Edited by Strathkin

I got the stopping at the Update.  When I check the SWTOR files with Task Manager it says the launcher is a 32 bit version.  I thought SWTOR was updated to 64 bit.    Could be a problem on an i5  Windows 10 Pro  64 bit system ? Also 5 versions of the launcher were there.

Ending the SWTOR programs using the Task Manager and restarting again, bypasses the updating into the PLAY zone.

Seems like the checking for a new version of the launcher is not downloading  a new version of the launcher.

Is there a program to read the launcherdiag fille?    *.tgz

---

Next Day

------

Logged in Today and got stuck at the launch screen.   Said searching for a new version of the launcher.  Used Task Manager to end SWTOR.exe and the 5 versions of the launcher (32 bit)

Checked the SWTOR folder.  Found the launcher was not there.  

Ran the Launcher repair utility.  It reinstalled the launcher.     Now getting nothing starting up, just the windows background.

So could not run the repair using

[GUIDE] Client Repair Scan - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Ran the repair from the  SETUP program.     Success.   

Some other files including the launcher I found gone, must have went missing the last time I was running the game.

Edited by Sleeperzz

Here is a list of file checks for Steam users and the same could be done  for  non-Steam users 

Steam needs 150 GB of Free Space minimum.     PC based SWTOR needs 75 GB.

1. Verify Integrity of Games Files
2. Repair Library
3. Create More Free Space on Your Computer
4. Uninstall and Reinstall After Making Space Additional Tips

https://swtorista.com/articles/steam-game-disk-write-error-fix-guide/

Edited by Sleeperzz

@Sleeperzz

Any launcher repair utility will break the current launcher , running the launcher setup file is how to fix the launcher as you found

The launcher cant delete itself , would check the antivirus hadnt quarantined the launcher, the anti virus can also block the launcher from updating too

The only antivirus I have is Windows Defender and it is not enabled.

When I added the  launcher. exe and   swtor.exe to the Firewall exceptions,   it added them as PUBLIC only.

That seems to be the problem somehow.  Since the XBOX settings are both PUBLIC and PRIVATE.

So added the PRIVATE for the  laucher and swtor in the Firewall settings. 

So far it  launches cleanly and no longer stops at  UPDATING.

----

Spoke too soon.  Stopped at UPDATING again.  Need to use Task Manager to End Task 

and restart .   Then goes through to PLAY.

Edited by Sleeperzz
  • Like 1