character with free will

fediamond

i don't know if this has happened to anyone but i've seen my character attack a different enemy to the one i selected (only with more than 1 enemy) and after the character attacks that enemy, it focuses on the other enemy i previously selected as target

23 hours ago, fediamond said:

i don't know if this has happened to anyone but i've seen my character attack a different enemy to the one i selected (only with more than 1 enemy) and after the character attacks that enemy, it focuses on the other enemy i previously selected as target

If you mean your companion, then yes, this happens sometimes. Especially if they are attacked first by said target. 

You also have to be sure of your target before casting or attacking. The game will "Target Next" and you may wind up killing your current target just as you are casting or attacking which will attack the "Next" target if it is in range thus attracting that group. Also be careful with your and your companion's AOE's as they will also sometimes hit other groups unintentionally causing  them to respond. There is also a lot of "Cross Species" attraction that will cause another group to come to the rescue of the ones your are attacking.