End of the year, which annuncement are you waiting for ?

Kazuone

Hello all.

We're in december, I think we'll soon have Keith letter.
I'm curious about what are you waiting as annuncement most (no, we won't have any new engine) for the comming year (mabye years...).
Game is 64 bits, server are in the cloud, double xp is near, 7.5 is here.

For me:
Party finder multi server or server fusion. I think that's possible and could be very attractive for low pop server.

New combat styles

Possiility to reset actual combat style (with cartel coin)

And you ? What do you wish ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think another server fusion would be a pain in the butt. I have already seen, what... 5 now? With server fusions you can lose character names, even if you have had the name forever (which happened to me twice now) and your guild names (which has also happened twice). My wish list? New planets (such as Mandalore, Dagobah, Dathomir, Jakku, or Kashyyyk) and new races (Zeltron, Faleen, Ithorian, Kel Dor, Rodian, Bothan, etc). Both of those would make the game seem much more star warsy. I would also like to see personal storylines with companions and for classes come back!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

I'd like to know about the plans to:

1. Enhance and prioritize the QC of future patches.

2. Improvements and updates to GSF, PvP, Crafting, Strongholds and the gearing system.

i think there can better tell what there long year plan is with this game and what there wane do diffrend what bioware not has done at all or have done wrong.

on points like: are there threating the community better, are there trying to fix a lot of bugs that are still open, listing to feedback more and do something with it also.

stuff like that is something we now need since 2024 become's a big year for this game since thats going to tell if broadsword is going to do things better then what bioware has done to the game it self and the community.

13 hours ago, Aedales said:

I think another server fusion would be a pain in the butt. I have already seen, what... 5 now? With server fusions you can lose character names, even if you have had the name forever (which happened to me twice now) and your guild names (which has also happened twice). My wish list? New planets (such as Mandalore, Dagobah, Dathomir, Jakku, or Kashyyyk) and new races (Zeltron, Faleen, Ithorian, Kel Dor, Rodian, Bothan, etc). Both of those would make the game seem much more star warsy. I would also like to see personal storylines with companions and for classes come back!

I think it would be cool to have Dagobah as an optional "secret mission" where it isn't specifically announce or pointed towards. it just pops up as a planet you can travel to. If you decide to travel there you lose you ability to use your ship until you complete a "heroic like mission."

3rd faction (mandalorians for tech classes with all new stories),  Mandalorian War II in a new expansion, introduce night sisters as a playable race/class for the 3rd faction as the force classes. 5th class introduced for all 3 factions like a beast handler or Teras Kasi master (swg rip off but those were great classes). Yes none of this will ever happen 😂😂

• Haha 1

I'd honestly love Legacy-wide (Friends) list, because this is supposed to be a Social Game, yet they got rid of the Social system; cause today Friends aren't setup to maintain regular interactions, or it's hard to see when their online unless your in the same Guild. They should have improved Friends and how they work, before they axed the existing Social System & it's Rewards!   Today SWTOR has one of the least friendly systems, as someone can add you without knowledge, awareness, or even consent

Today if you Friend someone, your then required to add all their other Character's on each and every Character you have.  It's honestly just a horrible system, and your far wiser to just ask someone their Discord.  Yet then you're regularly switching client programs, just to add each Character that way.  :( 

So I'd love a Legacy-wide Friends (option) provided someone Opt into that: 

1. Required Opt-in to Legacy-wide Friends in > Preferences > Social > Legacy-wide Friends. 
  2. Only if both parties have opted in, would the other party be able to send & receive Legacy-wide Friend requests to others, otherwise the system would ignore them; to confirm they could Whisper the other and ask. 
  3. If both parties were to Opt-in, nothing would be shown to the requestor, until the requestee had also fully approved your request.  Those people would then appear on each others friends list, regardless of Character, yet only when logged onto the same Faction.
  4. A person who is also included in your Legacy-wide Block, would also not be authorized to send Legacy-wide Friend requests either.
  5. If either party removed a linked Legacy-wide Friend, then the connection would be removed from both parties friends list.  This is the same as SWG, Final Fantasy, D&D Neverwinter, Star Trek Online and several others MMO's to name but a few.  

NOTE: You'd still not see people ONLINE while on the opposing Faction Character's which makes sense, since you can't Whisper them either.  They'd also likely have a appear offline like SWG, Final Fantasy, Neverwinter, Star Trek Online & others have; Legacy Friend are also approved & synchronized, so if one removes, your removed from both.  

Update to Friends made by Legacy, or by Character & require Approvals. - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums

--------------------------------------------

Just my two cents, if you don't like idea then please just ignore, don't say awful things; and show some class.  :csw_yoda:

--Instead suggest all Friend request should be approved by the other party; as even I believe they should make that change too! 

Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I remember the one in 2017, so what were the two I didn't see?

They had 1 in 2012 I believe it was, and a 2nd one that brought the server count to 10, plus the 3rd that reduced them to 5.

I may have forgotten more then those 3, but I know of at least 3.

I remember the Genniferi pet was from that first merger. I remember I moved to Shadowlands in that one from whatever sever I started on.

Edited by Toraak

19 hours ago, Toraak said:

They had 1 in 2012 I believe it was, and a 2nd one that brought the server count to 10, plus the 3rd that reduced them to 5.

I may have forgotten more then those 3, but I know of at least 3.

I remember the Genniferi pet was from that first merger. I remember I moved to Shadowlands in that one from whatever sever I started on.

Before the reduction to five, the server count was seventeen (five on one side of the US, three on the other, and nine in Europe (3 EN, 3 FR, 3 DE).

And I'm curious when the second merge was, because I've been playing since late March 2013, and I only remember surviving *one* server merge.

27 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Before the reduction to five, the server count was seventeen (five on one side of the US, three on the other, and nine in Europe (3 EN, 3 FR, 3 DE).

And I'm curious when the second merge was, because I've been playing since late March 2013, and I only remember surviving *one* server merge.

actually they had 10 before 5. They had 10 servers during the Dark Vs Light event. I know this because I had a set of that gear on every available server. That was the previous merger before they went down to the current 5.

11 hours ago, Toraak said:

actually they had 10 before 5. They had 10 servers during the Dark Vs Light event. I know this because I had a set of that gear on every available server. That was the previous merger before they went down to the current 5.

When was that other merge?  (I ask this because there were definitely three each in Europe, making nine, in the run-up to the 2017 merge.)

8 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

When was that other merge?  (I ask this because there were definitely three each in Europe, making nine, in the run-up to the 2017 merge.)

I don't remember the dates fully. I know of one in Fall of 2012 (don't know how many servers after that one, think it was more then 10), and the one in November 2017. I remember a 3rd between those, but I can't find the date for it anywhere.

I know the one from 2017 was when they merged those 10 servers into what we have today. That's when we got merged into SF, SS, DM, TH, and Leviation.

Edited by Toraak

On 12/17/2023 at 9:54 PM, Toraak said:

I don't remember the dates fully. I know of one in Fall of 2012 (don't know how many servers after that one, think it was more then 10), and the one in November 2017. I remember a 3rd between those, but I can't find the date for it anywhere.

I know the one from 2017 was when they merged those 10 servers into what we have today. That's when we got merged into SF, SS, DM, TH, and Leviation.

OK, but it wasn't ten-into-one.  It was five to one for one of the US/NA servers, three to one for the other, and three to one for each EU server.

Extracted from the blog post on "United Forces" i.e. the 2017 merge operation:

Harbinger, Begeren Colony, Bastion became Satele Shan = 3 to 1

Jedi Covenant, Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, Prophecy of the Five, Jung Ma became Star Forge = 5 to 1

Progenitor, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Red Eclipse became Darth Malgus = 3 to 1

Mantle of the Force, Battle Meditation, Darth Nihilus became The Leviathan = 3 to 1

T3-M4, Venjervalis Chain, Jar'Kai Sword became Tulak Hord = 3 to 1

Total: 3+5+3+3+3=17 to 1.

I love everyone's idea's.. I think if they choose 1 or 2 of those ideas would be great addition to the game.

I think they did great on overall story!  Can't wait for the Planets updated with New Quality graphics and model

What I would like to see in 2024:

1: Overhaul of the Class/Combat System: I think update to the abilities animations would be nice to see. 

2: Character Creation Overhaul: Updated Character models and more customization choice 

3. Less Companions added: Way too many Companions in game, I would like to seem them bring back some of the 1st gen companions back into the story.  Getting little boring with the same companion every MSQ updated. 

4. Overhaul of PVP System:  Bring back Open World PVP 8v8 is nice but 20 vs 20 would be better. 

Edited by Kazjan
  • Like 1

Less companion has already begun with GS5: no companion. They explained that create comp is a lot of work and finally, for player, that's just one more... I think they are working on the whole companion system and that could be the reason why crafting has not been updated since 6.X.

10 hours ago, Kazuone said:

Less companion has already begun with GS5: no companion. They explained that create comp is a lot of work and finally, for player, that's just one more... I think they are working on the whole companion system and that could be the reason why crafting has not been updated since 6.X.

It would just be nice if they finally fixed several that show as both Unavailable Companions, while also showing Available; under Alliance Companions at a higher Reputation.   I mean several of them were cleaned up from Unavailable Companions, yet after finishing Legacy of the Sith, including Kessan's Landing; they have once again returned on my Jedi & Sith Sage's & Sorcerer's.  *sigh*

Now I'm going to take my Jedi Shadow through Legacy of Sith from Manaan, Ruhnuk, and then Kessan's Landing; and currently she only has 1 showing unavailable Companions.  That Companion though is Malavai Quinn the Staunch Imperial, who was insulted at the idea of joining the Alliance.  Yet by the time I get and complete Kessan's Landing I suspect I'll once again see more likely 5-7 unavailable Companions; even though they are duplicates again, listed as both unavailable & available. 

That's been ongoing for years...  It be NICE if they added a remembered option to hide unavailable companions; somewhere in Game Preferences.

Edited by Strathkin

il y a 31 minutes, Strathkin a dit :

It would just be nice if they finally fixed several that show as both Unavailable Companions, while also showing Available; under Alliance Companions at a higher Reputation.   I mean several of them were cleaned up from Unavailable Companions, yet after finishing Legacy of the Sith, including Kessan's Landing; they have once again returned on my Jedi & Sith Sage's & Sorcerer's.  *sigh*

Now I'm going to take my Jedi Shadow through Legacy of Sith from Manaan, Ruhnuk, and then Kessan's Landing; and currently she only has 1 showing unavailable Companions.  That Companion though is Malavai Quinn the Staunch Imperial, who was insulted at the idea of joining the Alliance.  Yet by the time I get and complete Kessan's Landing I suspect I'll once again see more likely 5-7 unavailable Companions; even though they are duplicates again, listed as both unavailable & available. 

That's been ongoing for years...  It be NICE if they added a remembered option to hide unavailable companions; somewhere in Game Preferences.

That deserve another thread but I think all companion (except the story ones) should be In the legacy unlock. Once we have them with one toon, we could choose the ones we want for toon a or toon b in legacy or collection without any quest or condition to obtain them.
We can create a familly tree and so all companion and odessen things could be linked to familly tree and not only toon legacy.

Mabye dev are working on this type of ideas to limit companion (and crafting things) and free data from the game.