The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dialogue option

Danacade

I forgot to put this in the survey, but can we please have an option to show the full character dialogue in conversations, the amount of times I've backed out of conversations because my character says something completely different to what the wheel options provide is uncountable. It creates a disconnect between you and your character as you don't even know what their going to say. Please add this option. Thank you            

Agreed; it's not even a case of the displayed option being a generic version and then the character saying something more Origin-specific (i.e., a Trooper saying "Yes, sir!" or a Smuggler saying "Sure thing", when the option is simply "Yes".) Sometimes, what actually gets said is almost one-eight-zero degrees off from what the option implies and thus invokes a similarly opposite reaction from what we the players are wanting. (i.e.; the option being "You doubted me?" and a Sith Warrior's dialogue being "There's no place for fools like you in the Empire.")

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

How would that work for options where a minute of blah-blah goes on before the next wheel?

I think he means the Player Character, not the NPC, and we don't tend to talk as much as NPCs do for some reason...

Honestly, it wouldn't even have to be the exact dialogue, just more accurate than the choice wheel showing "I like cheese" and when we select it what our character actually says is "I hate bananas"...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danacade said:

Most replies you give are quite short from what I can remember, but the Kotor games could fit quite a lot of text in with the added scroll bar.    

Sure, but "full character dialogue" is too easy to read as "everything that everyone says until the next dialogue wheel", which is a *lot* in some cases.

But yes, some of the dialogue-wheel titles are ... imperfect, let's say ... paraphrases of what the player says next, and it would be nice to improve them.

• Like 1