Chat needs to change if the game is to feel more populated

Darkestmonty

18 hours ago, sundancebill said:

When i played WOW the chat was so toxic i wish there wasn't any and in this game there is none.

it's been so long since I played WoW, was chat server wide?

SWTOR isn't toxic free, you go anywhere that is populated and you will find toxic people in any MMO. One thing I have found it legacy ignore shuts down the majority of trolls. You ignore 10-20 accounts and suddenly most of fleet chat is cleaned up. It seems like the same people enjoy making multiple characters to be toxic on fleet.

This suggestion like any chat channels in SWTOR can be toggled off. It's like being on fleet, if things get too toxic we can toggle it off.

Edited by Darkestmonty

It was when you went into the cities, the major population zones.   I don't hang around fleet very long in SW so i can't say i know much about the chat there but i never notice anything terrible obnoxious.   

All i notice is how many snowballs i get hit with sometimes. 

Edited by sundancebill
new info

5 hours ago, sundancebill said:

It was when you went into the cities, the major population zones.   I don't hang around fleet very long in SW so i can't say i know much about the chat there but i never notice anything terrible obnoxious.   

All i notice is how many snowballs i get hit with sometimes. 

Capitol worlds are like Barrens chat, fleet is decent but devolves into political trolling easily. Usually it's the same people dropping bait for attention.

this new custom chat idea has a lot of good benifits also.

this is a good idea for world boss hunting groups to be found since the leader not have to be on the fleet anymore to look for new members that wane join the world boss group.

also this is a good benefits for some of the gelactc season objective's where you need a group to compleet the objective like the sparts of war and the world boss objective.

there are also a lot of other benefits about this chat.

sure there are also bad effect's you can have with it like troll's and so but i still think its worth it.

i also wane add that its maybe better that only pref status players and sub players can use this chat and not F2P status players since i not like the idea at all that the spam bots with there credits buy and sell are going to use this new cutsom server wide chat.