Character Selection Screen Suggestion / Idea

Mubark

It would be really, really cool if DEVs could add a few things to the Character selection screen to make it easier for us to know info about our characters without having to log into them...

1. If the character is in a guild or not plus the name of the guild.

2. If the character is Light, Dark, or Neutral. This could be done with a simple symbol like a ball or a square and done with a color. (5 Dark = blood red or dark red. 5 Light = Bright blue. Neutral = grey, white, or purple...)

3. Some indicator on how far along in the storyline they are.

There are other items I wish were on the character selection screen also. But I can't remember them at the moment...

I have 100 characters on Star Forge, and at this moment, I am forced to keep track on a spreadsheet to know which character to log into for the day.

Another thing that needs to be addressed is character inactivity.

Right now, the system is that your character is counted as inactive if you don't log into it within 30 days. But the system is bugged or flawed. It counts your character as inactive randomly between 20, 24, 26 days.

As I said, I have 100 characters.

But the system is set up to only count the characters as active individually. So, this means that if my characters are in multiple guilds, I'm forced to log into all 100 characters once every 30 days or less.

Activity needs to be changed to Account wide, or at the minimum, Legacy wide.

But at the same time, it still needs to show on the guild roster an accurate account of days of the "last login" for each character so Guild Masters can cycle out inactive characters.

I also have characters in other games like Neverwinter and GW2. Neverwinter has a better character selection screen in my honest opinion....

I encourage others to add to this list at will.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mubark said:

Right now, the system is that your character is counted as inactive if you don't log into it within 30 days. But the system is bugged or flawed. It counts your character as inactive randomly between 20, 24, 26 days.

The reason it takes less than 30 days is that the correct number is 28 days.  If you're seeing (not sure how, exactly) less than 28 days, that's a bug and should go in the Bug Reports forum.

8 hours ago, Mubark said:

But at the same time, it still needs to show on the guild roster an accurate account of days of the "last login" for each character so Guild Masters can cycle out inactive characters

It does, but only if you right-click a column heading (I use the right-most one) and choose to have the column show "Last played" instead of what it shows by default.  (Annoyance: you must do this every time you open the panel, or maybe it's every time you log in to the character.)  You can then click on the column heading to sort by last-played.