QoL Upgrades: Crew Skills (Companions and Missions Window Merge)

YshtolaRhul

I recently began playing, and I can definitely see some places for improvement.

Crew Skills

Currently you get one window for the Companions and one window that shows the Missions.

I think it would be nice to merge these into a single window.

On the Left Pane, place the Companion names to select from.

On the Center Pane, place the Grades you currently have access to.

On the Right Pane, place the Mission list.

As it goes currently, you click a companion on the one window, or select it on the mission window.

Then you select the grade you want. It currently defaults to your highest Grade.

This is extremely annoying if you want to farm older stuff, to help level/craft specific things.

Example I have run across. I'm attempting to farm lower level items.

I have to select Grade 1. Select the mission, and start it.

I have to go back to Grade 1, because after selecting a mission, it resets back to Grade 11.

It would be huge to just put this all in a single window, select a companion, select a grade, pick a mission.

Let it stay on that grade set until you select a different grade. There is no need to jump back to 11 just because it's the highest.

11 hours ago, YshtolaRhul said:

I have to go back to Grade 1, because after selecting a mission, it resets back to Grade 11.

When did that change?  In the past, it used to reset the grade when you choose a different companion, not when you launched the mission.  (And you can avoid that grade-reset by choosing the next companion from the dropdown in the lower right of the mission-select window.)

On 11/3/2023 at 6:19 PM, YshtolaRhul said:

Let it stay on that grade set until you select a different grade. There is no need to jump back to 11 just because it's the highest.

My request is to not separate them by grade at all. I never understood why it was done this way, as it is very clunky when leveling a crew skill, to only have 2 missions to do, without reselecting the previous grade.

Ideally, this should show all available missions, sorted from highest difficulty to lowest difficulty. When you learn a crew skill from a discovery item, it should appear at the top.

As for integrating it with the crew skill window, I can see that as a plus, as well. Having a degree in game art and design, I also have to wonder if this would affect the crafting window as well, since there are many coding reasons why these UI elements are separated in the first place.