Remove class-exclusive armor

Malornaros

Hello,

A suggestion that I think has already been made, but would it be possible to remove class restrictions from certain armors?

Here are several points in this direction:

- With combat styles these restrictions make much less sense.

- These armors are made unusable as cosmetics for any other class, while some allow you to bring back old appearances that have now disappeared from the game...

- Old armor sets are no longer used in PvE, although it would be interesting if this unlocked the appearance even if the bonus remains linked to the class.

- There is no longer an armor set for classes in 7.3, keeping this old mechanic and depriving players of certain appearances seems to reduce the possibilities of the game.

I think this restriction no longer makes much sense in SWTOR, other than limiting what is accessible. I recently bought a set of armor (without it being specified whether it was dedicated to a certain class) and found myself with unusables objects, both in terms of cosmetics and equipment, which is very frustrating as you can imagine...

Edited by Malornaros
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Vendettus said:

Kai Zykken armours are egregious with this. Now that we can get an entire set at a time, let us use them on any character please!

The Kai Zykken sets(1) are, in fact, the 6.X set-bonus armour sets, although the set bonus itself only works for level 75 characters.  Nevertheless, some of them only work on one combat style (although prior to 7.0, combat styles were intimately linked to origin stories) or even one Discipline of one combat style.

(1) Regardless of who sells them now, they were, in fact, not specific to KZ.  In the 6.X time one could buy the Death Knell set from a vendor that was mostest definitestly *not* Kai Zykken, in the bay next door.

In any case, these impossibilities of use if you are not of the right class no longer have to be... As someone said above, there are cases in which its completely stupid!

Combat styles make this "set" mechanic, as it can exist in WoW, completely obsolete in the game. It has not even been used since 7.0.

It would be time to allow players, at a minimum, to use all these appearances in the outfit modifier regardless of their class.

15 hours ago, Vendettus said:

Kai Zykken armours are egregious with this. Now that we can get an entire set at a time, let us use them on any character please!

I totally agree! :) 

Edited by Malornaros
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'd like to bring up this subject, after having had the same problem as mentioned above recently: my class history is that of the warrior and, obviously, when I change to my second sith assassin style I can no longer use the appearances of objects reserved for Sith warriors...

Please remove these stupid reservations of certain sets to certain classes, so that we can create outfits with all the existing materials...

On 11/3/2023 at 6:22 AM, Malornaros said:

Hello,

A suggestion that I think has already been made, but would it be possible to remove class restrictions from certain armors?

Here are several points in this direction:

- With combat styles these restrictions make much less sense.

- These armors are made unusable as cosmetics for any other class, while some allow you to bring back old appearances that have now disappeared from the game...

- Old armor sets are no longer used in PvE, although it would be interesting if this unlocked the appearance even if the bonus remains linked to the class.

- There is no longer an armor set for classes in 7.3, keeping this old mechanic and depriving players of certain appearances seems to reduce the possibilities of the game.

I think this restriction no longer makes much sense in SWTOR, other than limiting what is accessible. I recently bought a set of armor (without it being specified whether it was dedicated to a certain class) and found myself with unusables objects, both in terms of cosmetics and equipment, which is very frustrating as you can imagine...

Agreed completely. We do not even use set bonuses anymore, the limitations in which what class can use what armor set for cosmetic purposes should be lifted as soon as possible. 

This isn’t me trash talking Broadsword or the newer BioWare designers, but many of the old armor sets from vanilla to even onslaught look atrocious and there are a handful of great looking sets that are either consular exclusive or operative exclusive and it’s just become a massive headache I don’t even bother with anymore.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bumping this thread. 

I recently designed an outfit I wanted to wear on my female JK that would use the gloves in the Empowered Restorer Armor Set. Fortunately, before I spent 10k fragments and 1mil credits on the set, I read the fine print on a fansite that stated the set was only wearable by SI and JC and further, only if they were a Shadow, Assassin, Sage, or Sorcerer. Even in the outfitter tab! I do not get the point of having such a restriction on outfit creation. I was planning on having my SW wear the set cosmetically and I wanted my agent to wear the mask. So much time and effort was put into creating these sets. It's a shame that more use cannot be made of them due to outfitter class restrictions.

Please remove all armour restrictions from the outfitter tab! Yes, even type and level. I have also run into an issue several times in which I have wanted to create an outfit, but could not cosmetically equip an item because my character or a companion was not at a high enough level yet, or because the class could not use heavy armour (I don't know if this is still an issue. It's been a while since I have tried to put a heavy armour item on my JC). 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 7:46 PM, yenzin said:

because the class could not use heavy armour (I don't know if this is still an issue. It's been a while since I have tried to put a heavy armour item on my JC)

It's been a long-ish while since armour *weight* was a problem.  It might have been heavy class-locked-to-heavy-class armour, though.  Class-locked pieces still can't be placed unless you have the right combat style.

• Thanks 1