KOTOR Remake Dead - PC Gamer Article

Jazulfi

• 3 months later...

After seeing Aspyr's Lara Croft Remaster, I can't help but wonder if they approached the KoTOR remake similarly. I would have absolutely loved a KoTOR remaster in the style of the Lara Croft remasters - keep the gameplay and level design, but faithfully improve the graphics and add options for gameplay tweaks. I'm sad that it got shelved now.

On 2/14/2024 at 3:26 PM, Whykara said:

After seeing Aspyr's Lara Croft Remaster, I can't help but wonder if they approached the KoTOR remake similarly. I would have absolutely loved a KoTOR remaster in the style of the Lara Croft remasters - keep the gameplay and level design, but faithfully improve the graphics and add options for gameplay tweaks. I'm sad that it got shelved now.

In the meantime, there were fans of the game in the PC Game Modding community working on a free mod pack to modernize the game, remaster it with more modern visuals.  And Disney/Lucasfilm Legal issued them a Cease & Desist so that an official (and very probably inferior) remaster could be put into the works instead.  And where is this remastered version now? 😒

• Confused 1