Thanks for ruining the game.

R-Smith

23 minutes ago, felleto said:

The taxation is sooooo bad. My wife hates it to the core. She does enjoy the rush of tax evading through the GTN though 😆

Lol see this guy and his wife get it. Has someone ever sniped you? Doubt it. It's basically impossible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Lol see this guy and his wife get it. Has someone ever sniped you? Doubt it. It's basically impossible. 

Never. When we do it it seems like we are ocean's eleven coordinating ever meticulous task of our operation. Haha

• Haha 2

If I remember correctly the GTN has a 8% fee when a item is sold and before the 7.3 update the max price allowed was 1b credits.

The fact is plenty of people was selling items to people either by trading directly OR though mail. That way the seller could avoid the 8% fee the GTN charged while also allowing them to get more credits for their items then the GTN allowed.

That is the people you can blame for the credit fee when trading directly and when mailing items now.

The change really hurts those that likes to help new players OR those that likes to help fellow guildies by crafting items for them if asked.

Edited by Minisys
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Minisys said:

That is the people you can blame for the credit fee when trading directly and when mailing items now.

Again I just tested mailing expensive items last night. If you make it a COD mail and ask for 1 credit you won't get charged the taxes, you get charged like a 100 credit fee. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Minisys said:

If I remember correctly the GTN has a 8% fee when a item is sold and before the 7.3 update the max price allowed was 1b credits.

The fact is plenty of people was selling items to people either by trading directly OR though mail. That way the seller could avoid the 8% fee the GTN charged while also allowing them to get more credits for their items then the GTN allowed.

you forget a few things.

its not to blame the players for it.

but the devs you need to blame.

first of all who's idea was it to add a tax free guild perk for the GTN in the first place for a long time.

second who's fault for removing lot of credit sinks in the past and add boost the credit rewards for a long time without thinking what can happing if you combine the 2 things.

but players also trade since the GTN limit was 1 bill so hypercrate's or so that cost more then 1 bill cant be sold on the GTN so who's fault was it to not increase the GTN credit limit.

and most of all most people have been telling there is a inflation problem for years all but the devs compleet ignore it so who's fault is it then to ignore the warning sign's.

and also there main focus was cartal coins only so the devs compleet give no damm about the credits at all back then.

Edited by Spikanor

5 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Again I just tested mailing expensive items last night. If you make it a COD mail and ask for 1 credit you won't get charged the taxes, you get charged like a 100 credit fee. 

Samcuu, I was not aware until I read this and just did it. Thank you for that information!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Samcuu said:

Is there a trick to this? I was trying it just now, and no matter the item, COD price, or recipient, it still wanted to charge me the varying tax fee instead of the flat 100 credits.

On 9/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, R-Smith said:

Just recently resubbed to the game with my wife. Was a loyal subscriber for the first five years of the games' history. Then moved on to other games, but got the itch to come back and wife and I resubbed. Wife decided she wanted to do something nice for me and so got the headstrong apprentice armor and a black dye mod that she was going to give me as surprise gift tomorrow - only to realize that we likely can't afford the in-game taxes on the trade for her to gift it to me. We used to trade items between the two of us since she first joined the game about a year after it launched. So now she's stuck with an in-game armor she doesn't want (and can't gift to me) and so it will just sit in her inventory until hell freezes over.

You know what else will not happen until hell freezes over? Either of us buying anything on the cartel market ever again and either of us renewing our subscription at the end of this month.

Let me be clear. We LOVED playing this game together. When we both had extended vacation days, we'd sometimes spend 10+ hours doing story missions with whatever characters we played. When we weren't playing the game, we talked about the game. Made jokes about the game (Your name is Weeznod, nobody's going to take you seriously. "The sith want to destroy the Revanites - but they can't find them unless they take the taxi to the secret Revanite compound on Dromund Kas that nobody's supposed to know about. "Oh, you do have the token!", creepy space children in the sweres of Coruscant, etc. etc.) We laughed so hard sometimes, we cried. It was great. The game was great. The stories were great. The characters were great.

You've killed that.

In an effort to crush a problem YOU created by allowing gold spammers to operate from practically day one, item resellers from reselling items for over-inflated prices (really? items on the GTN for BILLIONS of credits?!!!!). You made it so we didn't have to outfit companions and dumbed down combat (who plays tanks anymore), so crafting became largely pointless, but even then, we were still having fun being back - we played around with our old strongholds, restarted new versions of our favorite characters and started exploring a galaxy far far away all over again.

But now my wife can't even give me a gift in game without you taking your cut? 

What's next utility bills if we leave the lights on in our strongholds? You're already charging for fast travel - but how about some ship maintenance fees?  

How about GROCERY bills. Bowdaar eats a lot and he's always hanging out in the kitchen of my freighter.

But you've managed to suck whatever nostalgia driven fun my wife and I still had for this game out of us. Congratulations.

So, for what it's worth I guess I should thank you for saving me $15 a month.

If you are on Starforge I will give you and your wife a guild for free, no strings, so you can use the Guild Bank as Trixxie has stated.

Might take a little time for the guild join cooldown but its a solution. 

Just shoot me a message if you need it. The community has got your back especially because we know how long it takes for solutions or fixes to these sorts of problems to get addressed. 

On 9/22/2023 at 1:59 PM, Lord_Malganus said:

I do not know. When I sent an email COD as described, it worked,

When you tested it, did you send it to another character in your legacy or a character outside of it? I just tested it myself with a CM decoration, sending it to another character in my legacy would be a simple 100 credit fee, but sending it to a friend outside of my legacy would charge me the 8% tax + 100 credits (which worked out to 224,100 for this item). So it seems like it matters who you're sending it to, if it's your own character, you don't get taxed.

5 hours ago, The-Kaitou-Kid said:

When you tested it, did you send it to another character in your legacy or a character outside of it? I just tested it myself with a CM decoration, sending it to another character in my legacy would be a simple 100 credit fee, but sending it to a friend outside of my legacy would charge me the 8% tax + 100 credits (which worked out to 224,100 for this item). So it seems like it matters who you're sending it to, if it's your own character, you don't get taxed.

This was how it was supposed to work. You are supposed to be able to move things within your legacy without incurring the tax. Anyone outside your legacy incurs the tax (with the exception of guild-mates after 30 days).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.