7.3.1a?? Small Patch, down more than 4 hours??

AmadanNaBrona

Guys I understand the frustration. But maybe some food for thought:

1. SWTOR doesn't have a huge development team as of this moment

2. They are HOPEFULLY fixing lots of bugs from the previous patch that have been plaguing everyone. Sometimes fixing stuff takes time. Better than having the buggy mess that was released. 

Maybe these big patch deployments (7.3.1) should have been tested more thoroughly and this could be something they consider moving forward. But it is a difficult situation they find themselves in. Delay the patch too much and people complain of no new content, rush the patch and people complain it's a buggy mess.

Thanks for the topic, otherwise I thought I was very stupid with time zones

18 minutes ago, aerialwind said:

People in Europe must be freaking out. I mean, just got off work, cracked open a brew, sat down, pushed on the power button, and world ended.

That's how it was(

7 minutes ago, felleto said:

2. They are HOPEFULLY fixing lots of bugs from the previous patch that have been plaguing everyone. Sometimes fixing stuff takes time. Better than having the buggy mess that was released. 

Maybe these big patch deployments (7.3.1) should have been tested more thoroughly and this could be something they consider moving forward. But it is a difficult situation they find themselves in. Delay the patch too much and people complain of no new content, rush the patch and people complain it's a buggy mess.

yeah no...

u can simp as much as u want for em, it's on them to deliver a functioning product. If they don't, they know ppl will complain!

8 minutes ago, felleto said:

This really is not our issue.   If they have a smaller staff its very simple .... you don't push content out before said staff has a handle on possible issues.   

1 minute ago, felleto said:

The main issue is that all regions need to be down at same time, which is not convenient for us European players since we usually get the short end of the stick. Obviously, if the time for the updates was inconveniencing other regions, that would still be bad.

Another thing to consider is the time needed for this bugfix. 5 and a half hours, at time of writing, is an unacceptable amount of time no matter the size of the development team.

And finally, this is a subscription-based game. Any time you can’t log in because the servers are down is time you paid for and didn’t get to use.

3 minutes ago, Peglas said:

yeah no...

u can simp as much as u want for em, it's on them to deliver a functioning product. If they don't, they know ppl will complain!

I did say I understand people's frustrations. It's just a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind o scenario.

I completely agree with you. They should test their patches and updates more before releasing. 

1 minute ago, AmadanNaBrona said:

no, go read the patch notes, today was a miniscule amount of fixes

I will have to politely disagree with this assessment. Let's remember the patch has been live for... what... 1 week? 

The effort they are making to fix these bugs in such a short time span is interesting and I hope it's something we see more often going forward. Of course, this will mean more downtime if all the bugs that plague the game are to be fixed. They will just have to find the right balance as to when to perform these downtimes but I, PERSONALLY, would rather they fix the bugs than ignore then and release buggy patch after buggy patch. 

5 minutes ago, Sshakh said:

I think we would be less offended if we were at least warned about the delay

This is precisely the point.   Simple communication with the community is merited.  An update by a staff member saying we are sorry ... we expect the server to be up at XX time now due to an unforeseen issue .... Ignoring it when you post an estimated time and its far past said time

is not acceptable.

Edited by jyork

1 hour ago, Specialbrew said:

Broadsword gives

I don't believe they have any control yet.  The servers haven't fully moved over to their control. Only two have moved to the cloud and off of EA's servers and the domains for the websites are still owned by EA/Bioware.

8 minutes ago, letefte said:

Another thing to consider is the time needed for this bugfix. 5 and a half hours, at time of writing, is an unacceptable amount of time no matter the size of the development team.

So I see you haven't played GTA: Online or used FiveM / RedM. 

Seriously though, it probably has something to do with the fact that not all the servers are moved to the cloud.   I'm willing to bet either the servers on the EA servers or the Cloud servers are the ones creating the issue. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.