Vine-silk Force Expert's Vestments' cape clips/doesn't use physics as intended

Gunganknight

Seemingly all chest pieces that share this model have this same issue. The butt-cape is frozen static at an awkward angle behind your character in normal gameplay, but during cutscenes it warps and stretches, blocking much of what is happening. During some animations this cape stretches so radically that it blocks out the entire screen; this also affects NPCs that use the model as well, so even if your player character doesn't use it, certain characters (like Cytharat for example) do, and it has the same effect. It has been like this since 64-bit, and I hope to get it on the devs' radar.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The moment which breaks my heart is a cutscene during the Jedi Knight story on Tatooine...

Spoiler

...in a moving scene with Lord Praven, where he struggles with his concepts of honour, the dark side and the JK persuading him to join the light, which is utterly utterly ruined by his robe model getting stuck, and stretching/twisting/bending all over the effing screen as he paces around. It looks unspeakably terrible and really screws up a great bit of story.

I'd love to know what the technical issues are with the various robe graphics glitches - The Flip, The Stretch, The Getting Stuck. I probably wouldn't understand but they've been in the game since it launched. Did they know? Did it not show up in their studio? How did this happen?

Edited by Jazulfi
Oh so many grammatical probs and typos - sorry about that
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jazulfi said:

I'd love to know what the technical issues are with the various robe graphics glitches - The Flip, The Stretch, The Getting Stuck. I probably wouldn't understand but they've been in the game since it launched. Did they know? Did it not show up in their studio? How did this happen?

It's a limitation of the game engine, as I understand it, where the collision-detection code which is supposed to prevent that stuff gets confused and allows the flappy bit (cape / coat / crotch flap / buttcape) to get partway through the wearer's body.  Once that happens, the collision-detection code then forces the lower edge of the flappy bit out the other side rather than back the way it came.  Once they get *into* that state, most flappy bits won't unfix easily, with the Fallen Defender (Darth Atroxa) set being a notable exception, since it pops back to normal if your character does anything more vigourous than standing stock still.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It's a limitation of the game engine, as I understand it, where the collision-detection code which is supposed to prevent that stuff gets confused and allows the flappy bit (cape / coat / crotch flap / buttcape) to get partway through the wearer's body.  Once that happens, the collision-detection code then forces the lower edge of the flappy bit out the other side rather than back the way it came.  Once they get *into* that state, most flappy bits won't unfix easily, with the Fallen Defender (Darth Atroxa) set being a notable exception, since it pops back to normal if your character does anything more vigourous than standing stock still.

Oooo thank you!! This is very interesting! I would 'like' but I've run out of Like Blobs again. I always run out of Like Blobs.

I was right though and I didn't really understand most of it but I get the idea.

On 9/30/2023 at 8:12 AM, Jazulfi said:

Oooo thank you!! This is very interesting! I would 'like' but I've run out of Like Blobs again. I always run out of Like Blobs.

I was right though and I didn't really understand most of it but I get the idea.

It was working perfectly when they released it...

On 9/30/2023 at 2:05 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

There are other armors that have similar cape/buttcape stuff and they are not broken (for example Victorious Infiltrator Armor sets have moving bits in the front & back).

So the devs should be able to fix it.

Edited by Ahwassa

20 hours ago, Ahwassa said:

There are other armors that have similar cape/buttcape stuff and they are not broken (for example Victorious Infiltrator Armor sets have moving bits in the front & back).

So the devs should be able to fix it.

I think it depends on how the flappy bits are constructed (see my note about Fallen Defender) as well as the engine, but fixing the engine means that when they design the *next* armour with flappy bits, they won't need to worry (as much) about how it handles collissions.

• 5 months later...
On 9/7/2023 at 2:34 AM, Gunganknight said:

The butt-cape is frozen static at an awkward angle behind your character in normal gameplay, but during cutscenes it warps and stretches, blocking much of what is happening.

It should be fixed now 💖