I would like to thank all developers for their efforts and hard work.

Darves

8 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

7.3.1 is tomorrow and will be interesting to see if it goes smooth or as per usual.

why you think it goes smooth since there have a good record to creat a lot of problems and new bugs after each new update like usual so i think you need to ask the question diffrend like this:

how many new bugs and problems do we get this time after the update tomorow.

8 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

Why do you think 7.4 is done?  I don't understand people who think that just because the dev team announced 7.4 would be the next story update and is targeted for year end holiday release timeframe means the update is done and the devs are just sitting on it until the internally appointed time comes to release it (November or December).  I don't think that is the case at all.

there can have done a compleet list of planning things for the 7.4 update all what there are going to add in the game and maybe also have make a choose to what for stuff are going to chance again.

so the only part thats left is the developing part there need to make needs to be done now alone.

13 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

Have you considered the possibility that the devs are not confident enough in their plans for 2024 to publicly announce them?

who tells you it needs to be plans for 2024.

if there tell the plans what there wane do with this game for the couple of years is something else then tell what there wane do next year.

there can easy tell that there wane work with better comunication between the development team and the communety and that there are more listing to the feedback from the communety about things and there are trying there best to fix a lot of old bugs so far there can do it and if there going to treat the game much better then bioware has done.

that are the type of plans there can share to us that are things people wane know from then not what there are planning for 2024 to do but what there big plans are there wane work on to make a diffrend then how bioware has treat us and this game.

5 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

why you think it goes smooth since there have a good record to creat a lot of problems and new bugs after each new update like usual so i think you need to ask the question diffrend like this:

how many new bugs and problems do we get this time after the update tomorow.

I don't. That was exactly my point.

Just now, Lord_Malganus said:

Agreed. But making bug ridden and glitched cartel market items for cash is much less work than fixing code.

Better get started then. If it's broken get to fixing it. Once the game is fixed we can start talking about microtransactions. Until then get that crap off of the game or offer it to your paying players as a reward for playing this bug infested mess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, felleto said:

Better get started then. If it's broken get to fixing it. Once the game is fixed we can start talking about microtransactions. Until then get that crap off of the game or offer it to your paying players as a reward for playing this bug infested mess.

I agree with you 110%.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

And therein ^ lies the core problem , which doesn't appear  like  it will  increa$e  at all with 'Broadsword'  takeover.

A goshdarn  STAR WARS  ip  should never be constrained by  budget$ , in my opinion.

I agree. SW ip should not be that constrained in budget.

I also think that the ESO example of bigger team is not that accurate(comparatively). At least not by what was the size of SWTOR dev team before Broadsword. Bethesda is know for having low number of devs compared to others studios doing high quality games, yet if we account all updates of ESO we probably have like 5 maybe even 10 times more content than SWTOR in the same timeframe. Is ESO team 350 to 700 in size? SWTOR was 70+ before transfer. I personally doubt is they could be much more than 100.

23 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

*coughs*  no GSF development  since 2017  :mad:

Sad thing. Since 2017 GSF is probably the only game mode that have lowered queue times in the whole game. SM operations from GF may be non existant, but forming PUG en public channels did increase also. Since Eric himself disregarded operations there goes two popular group modes that the Devs don't want to pay more attention.

1 hour ago, Char_Ell said:

I certainly hope I never have to work for you.  I get what you are saying, one gets paid for doing their job.  I just think people like being acknowledged and reminded they are appreciated for what they do.  I know I do and when I have had bosses that are more negative than positive I have been unhappy in my job.  Monetary compensation is hugely important but one's work environment plays an important role as well.

Well, it's completely different to be negative towards your employees than just not giving any special thanks for them doing their job. That's not at all what i said.

Showing gratitude when people do their job is normal and it shows in how you treat your co-workers or employees. It doesn't require giving them medals or extra praise.

The OP is basically demanding us to not critizize but instead praise the devs for just doing their job (and often failing at it) and it's basically equivalent to pinning a medal to your employees chest for just doing the bare minimum.

I definitely don't want to be praised for just doing my work. It would start to feel really hypocrite really fast getting thanks from things that are just normal stuff you should do anyway to the best of your ability. Extra thanks or rewards for excellent work or for exceeding youself are always welcomed and completely different to what this threads OP wants us to do.

Edited by Rujopetteri
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Yes, of course we can, but we also see the negative effects of those efforts, and we complain about that.

It's nice that the legend of the forum commented on my thread. I have read many of your posts where you try to help different people. That's why I respect you. I can agree that you can complain about bugs in the game. Unfortunately, I can't agree that people are always complaining about what's wrong with the game. I'll give you examples. When in previous seasons there were companions who didn't speak basic, they complained that it was bad because they didn't speak basic and why another companion, now in the upcoming season there is no companion, so they complain that it's pointless to play because there is no companion. Seasonal rewards were complained about because they are lousy, although you get them practically for free, just for playing the game. There have been complaints about the removal of ranked pvp, although this change is objectively good as it encourages casual players like me to play pvp and removes the toxicity from pvp. There was a lot of complaining about the in-game economy system, but when the developers took care of it, suddenly there were complaints that you had to pay for fast travel, for example, or that non-GTN transactions were taxed. I could go on like this endlessly.

7 hours ago, Balameb said:

If you are just going against all and any complain and said that that people should just just up then you are also part of the problem.

I don't want to antagonize or offend anyone, if anyone felt offended then I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. 
I want to point out how few posts there are in which the efforts and hard work of developers are appreciated, and how many with constant complaining.

6 hours ago, Rujopetteri said:

I don't get any medals or extra thanks for doing my work well. In fact it's expected from me. That's why i get paid to do it. That's my reward.

What kind of world do we live in that you think that hard work and efforts deserve no thanks?

5 hours ago, felleto said:

If they spent the time they take developing crap for the cartel market in fixing the game more people would be subscribed. Just saying...

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you, for example, Darth Nul's lightsaber is beautiful, after all, the game has to make money somehow.

5 hours ago, TheVoyant said:

Their conduct & poor communication created a very hostile relationship.

If I was a developer and had to read complaints all the time and realized that whatever I do the players will be unhappy and what's more I have scarce resources and a small team, 
I don't know if i wouldn't behave similarly and since you say that there is hostility, there probably is there's a reason for this hostility, right? 

The developers are still enthusiastic and willing to work hard to improve my favorite game and I think they should be thanked for that, 
of course, this is just my opinion and no one has to agree with my opinion.

May the force serve you well

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Darves said:

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you, for example, Darth Nul's lightsaber is beautiful, after all, the game has to make money somehow.

sadly you are compleet wrong about it.

the money you spent on cartal coins or sub are not going to the development team at all.

it all go's to EA to there top like the big boss and people like that and also to the share holders.

the development team works with a budget system that means there get from EA a budget to work with and i think the budget has become lower and lower each year.

so you point that the money go's to the development team thats compleet wrong.

and if the money now go's to the development team since there switch from bioware to broadsword then its to late all ( and knowing EA good there never do something like that at all)

27 minutes ago, Darves said:

When in previous seasons there were companions who didn't speak basic, they complained that it was bad because they didn't speak basic and why another companion, now in the upcoming season there is no companion, so they complain that it's pointless to play because there is no companion.

But you need to consider that is likely diffent people that complained for each thing, that is because different people like different things. You can see with that particular example how some of the ones complaining now get a lot of heat depending how they expressed their complaints and a general support of the pause of 'forced' companions in our ships.

Now, if you have actually spotted someone that complained about having too many companions, and now complains about having no companion; then please expose it.

31 minutes ago, Darves said:

There was a lot of complaining about the in-game economy system, but when the developers took care of it, suddenly there were complaints that you had to pay for fast travel, for example, or that non-GTN transactions were taxed.

I actually agree with you on this. While i do think the way the changes were implemented was wrong or poorly executed at best, the efforts were made in the right direction. Still, some people seems to wanted the problems to be solved magically and went on full frontal assault on the Devs(Joe in particular). I'm usually all in for such aproachs, but i think Joe did not deseverved some of the complaints; he is the first Dev since Matt that actually reads the feedback and is able to interact with us. 

37 minutes ago, Darves said:

I don't want to antagonize or offend anyone, if anyone felt offended then I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. I want to point out how few posts there are in which the efforts and hard work of developers are appreciated, and how many with constant complaining.

I will repeat that i think you should had made two posts. To show the devs your support, just make a thread talking them and only them. Some people may join you in sentiment.

It is true that people do start way more threads to complain than to show support (but there are some, even from know complainers); i actually don't like when people start many threads for the same issues when they could just say their piece in already existing threads that are still active.

And for the second half(about the complainers per se), is better to target practical examples like you just did. Agree or disagree, each subject has its own supporters/atangonists/neutrals.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 4:04 PM, Jdast said:

we have no idea if there is any future after 7.4

If there are going to be voice-acted story updates after 7.4, wouldn't someone from the team have said so by now? It's in their interests to retain players, not have negative sentiment spread about the game's future due to uncertainty, right? 

I'm assuming the team is working on a maintenance patch, and content between now and then is going to be worse than before the transfer to BS. As a longtime SWTOR player, you should know keeping expectations low is the best way to not be disappointed by this game. There have been individual pieces of content that have been well-made since, but the game hasn't as a whole been a quality product since 4.x. If you preferred the original, non-Zakuul story and multiplayer aspects of the game, then 3.x is the last era it was. 

The SWTOR team has lost roughly half its members and been transferred to a studio that has no history of developing games. We'll see what happens, but being realistic is probably for the best. 

• Like 2

I´d like to thank the developers for developing the MMO with the best story, voice-acting, characters and armors. 

After 8 years it´s still the only MMO that kept me wanting to play it.

Big thanks and please keep this gem going for many more years 😍

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Darves said:

What kind of world do we live in that you think that hard work and efforts deserve no thanks?

If you actually read my post or other posts i've made about this issue, you'd know that i actually said that thanks are in order when someone works extra hard or achieves something great.

Thats not the case with the SWTOR team at the moment though. What they seem to achieve is the bare minumum. That's what they get paid to do. And they hardly manage. Every time they ask for our feedback before a change or big update, almost 100% of said feedback is completely ingored and they move on with exactly like they had originally planned and when the crap hits the fan afterwards it's total radio silence for months.

Sure, i believe they show up to work everyday. So do I. That doesn't earn any extra thanks outside of the subsrciption payment.

Maybe it's a generational thing, but i really hate this culture where everyone gets (and expects) participation rewards. They don't even have grades in gradeschool these days. Just a checkbox saying the person attended the classes in question and everyone gets the same pat in the back. I don't condone that at all. Work hard -> get rewards. Do the minimum - get the minimum!

Edited by Rujopetteri
  • Like 2

Based on the state of the game, there's no evidence the devs are doing an adequate job, let alone a good one.

But it's still possible that the meager product we have is the result of hard work. And if the devs truly are working hard, then they do deserve some appreciation (even if it should be a pat on the back as they get kicked out the door).

Unfortunately, threads like this are exactly why White Knights are so pernicious. As long as there's a segment of the player base who will worshipfully accept mediocrity, the devs are able to buttress their decisions by pointing to this unconditional support. You see this all the time in post-mortems, where devs defensively say things like "we saw X signs the community loved our choices" or "there were some people who wanted X, some who wanted Y..."

Broadsword is providing us a product. We are customers. This game isn't a gift or a favor. If we don't hold them accountable, we deserve the laziest rubbish they can get away with.

Edited by sharpenedstick

On 9/6/2023 at 12:30 AM, Spikanor said:

the money you spent on cartal coins or sub are not going to the development team at all.

I don't know it and you don't know it either, but if it's true, then all the more thanks to them for their hard work, enthusiasm and efforts.

22 hours ago, Ahwassa said:

Big thanks and please keep this gem going for many more years

I completely agree with that. 🙂

16 hours ago, Rujopetteri said:

What they seem to achieve is the bare minumum.

Okay, that's your opinion, which I'm going to disagree with.

13 hours ago, sharpenedstick said:

Based on the state of the game, there's no evidence the devs are doing an adequate job, let alone a good one.

Well, in my opinion, with such a small budget and a small development team, their work is adequate and even more than adequate

9 minutes ago, Darves said:

I don't know it and you don't know it either, but if it's true, then all the more thanks to them for their hard work, enthusiasm and efforts.

each veteran player knows this since its been told a lot of time's on the forum by a lot of people the same you call a legand stevethecnynic has told that a lot of time's

and let me tell you this if there work hard on the cartal market items then there need to work for once is by fixing the game is good for once since there are so many bugs that reporting then has almost no point anymore to do since there not going to fix then at all.

and not mess things up from once and creat only more new problems what can hurt the game only more and to give more reason to not spent money in this game at all.

Edited by Spikanor

10 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

each veteran player knows this since its been told a lot of time's on the forum by a lot of people the same you call a legand stevethecnynic has told that a lot of time's

Okay so let's assume it's true, first in that case it's sad but what's more second think how many programmers  work on the game, you know we don't count writers or Jackie, here just a few I think they do what they can and for that I thank them. I love this game and I am grateful for what I have

8 minutes ago, Darves said:

Okay so let's assume it's true, first in that case it's sad but what's more second think how many programmers  work on the game, you know we don't count writers or Jackie, here just a few I think they do what they can and for that I thank them. I love this game and I am grateful for what I have

really low since there have been understaff for years all.

since it shows all how fast we get new expensions all if you get new contant 1 once a year when other MMO's get then each 6 month's shows all that there have really low programmers that work on this game.

second thing is why its true since its a EA game and we all know how EA works by spending less money on the development from a game and wane earn a lot of money from it.

jackie is 90% not to blame for the problems and mess this game has ( the other 10% is his fault and thats more the 7.0 big mess only)

all the vertaran players love this game but we not wane see that this is going to close since there mess up to much and make stupid mistake's and not do there work right.

we need to remember the devs each time there are a lot of bugs there need to fix also some of then cant be fix and we know that since its the game engine problem ( since thats what you get when you use a alpha state custom hero engine as game engine in the first place)

but there are a lot of bugs there can fix like most of the daily missions on iokath can be fix by then and there are a lot of other bugs there can fix but the problem is why we are not happy and not wane thank then since there do not there work good at all and that there job is also fixing bugs in this game what there not do in the first place.

we have ask a lot of time's to focus is only on fixing bugs in this game then keep adding new contant and creat new bugs each time and not fix then.

and maybe you not know this also but a big group of the comunety have give broadsword 1 year the time to show good results or else a big group of players quit and thats bad for the game if it lose a big group of players since there show no good results.

The past year's/ recent changes have been wonderful.  Tho, I found it ironic players in game complaining about no companion with GS5, especially when sizeable threads were on here during GS4 expressing such negativity about having a companion with GS >_>

I love the new Ahsoka outfit with lightsabers - very well detailed, elegantly; it all looks so~ good, along with the surprisingly accurate sleek & great looking Mandalorian helmets ❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

really low since there have been understaff for years all.

Since you realize that such a small team is working on the game then you should have realistic expectations, you notice that the developers try to fix bugs, of course it's probably not easy to fix everything but I've seen many bugs that have been fixed. You can look through all the patch notes if you don't believe me

23 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

jackie is 90% not to blame for the problems and mess this game has ( the other 10% is his fault and thats more the 7.0 big mess only)

Jacke is not to blame for anything, she is a community manager, she is always enthusiastic, smiling and trying to connect with the players. Of course, this is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it

19 minutes ago, Darves said:

Jacke is not to blame for anything, she is a community manager, she is always enthusiastic, smiling and trying to connect with the players. Of course, this is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it

you are right jeckie is the community manager so why is the community manager not going to explane to the community about the big mess from 7.0.

there have to share info about the 2 month's extra delay 1 week before the original launch day, there need to explane why the story contant from 7.0 is so short and go on with it since there are the community manager so there need to share info to the community about the big mess.

24 minutes ago, Darves said:

you notice that the developers try to fix bugs

try to fix bugs if there do that why do we still have a bug in this game that is 10 years old.

why do we still have launch day bugs in this game.

25 minutes ago, Darves said:

You can look through all the patch notes if you don't believe me

i look but that are not the bugs there need to fix also.

have there fix the 10 year old pet bug = no.

have there fix most of iokath daily missions problems = no

have there fix something from the past few years = no

its only small bugs there have fix from the same expension other bugs there have not fix at all.

if there now is fix a lot of bugs from the other expension then there do some good work but thats not the case at all.

that is how there work more since fixing a lot of bugs from the start is the best thing there can do but no what there do is fix some of then and the others get no fix at all and there have keep doing it so that it only become's more and more work later on to fix then since there delay then from the start each time.

40 minutes ago, Darves said:

Since you realize that such a small team is working on the game then you should have realistic expectations

not the expectations to most of the problems there have creat on there own.

inflation problems is there own creat problem since there have remove most of the credit sinks in the past that means less options to spent credits in the game so people are going to save then up more.

and increase the credit rewards also with big time so people are getting only more and save up more when spending then is becoming lower and lower.

and somebody from the devs team has come up with a stupid idea to add a tax free GTN guild perk in the game so you see the problems all you get later on we have now.

there do stupid things alot and later on you see how worse that idea not has become.