Two or Three Crashes to Desktop a day. More frequent pop-ups of the loading screen while I am playing.

istvana

I have tried to eliminate as many back-end programs as possible and I use task manager to close down applications that insist on running and refuse to be uninstalled and this helps somewhat but the problem has not totally gone away. 

The crashes seem totally random - unaffected by what I am doing or how long I have been on or how long it has been since the last crash.

Any suggestions on other things to try - whether known culprits in Windows 11 to focus on or specific changes in game settings that reduce crashes to desktop or loading screen pop-ups?

Thanks.

loading screen popups usually occur due to the video driver resetting/crashing maybe if nvidia place the driver into debug mode 

also if your computer power settings are set to power save and not high performance, loading screen popups will occur frequently as well in game

Thanks. I had reset power settings to "do nothing and let the game do what it wants" figuring that would be least intrusive. I will reset it to high performance since clearly the change I made didn't help. I made sure the driver was current - I will look for a nvidia control panel debug - I hadn't thought to check there. I had run whatever options /settings/system gave me.

Meanwhile if anyone else has ideas they will certainly be welcome but yours give me a few things to persue and are much appreciated.