Custom Companion

CrazyCT

I know this'll have been asked 1000 times before, but any chance of making a custom companion that you can design and name yourself? It would be really nice with the RP side of things, having a companion that fits your character

• Like 4

Awesome idea. That would be very cool. - It may have been suggested before, but honestly, I don't recall ever seeing the suggestion being made previously.

The only issue I can see with it is that that would make it very unlikely that they could incorporate the companion in any story. But, even still, we use comps all the time not in story so for the most part it would be a non-issue anyways.

Really great idea. I'd love to seem them do that.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

4 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

More than once.  Along with the equivalent of what Guild Wars 1 called "Mercenary Heroes", i.e. using your other characters as companions.

Yeah, I guess I just missed it. It does seem like something you would expect people playing these kinds of games to ask for.

It's a great idea and I'm sure a majority of the player base would love that option and many would undoubtedly be willing to spend some money to get it from the Cartel Store.

Star Trek Online has that feature as an option for player characters, and it was really cool the multitude of different alien types and looks that people could come up with. It was the kinda thing that often drew your attention when you saw a player who went that route on "Fleet".  Some of them were really interesting and even beautiful at times.

Would be a great feature to have in this game, even if just for companions.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Considering Skyrim has AI voiced companions at this point, I see no reason we couldn't get a custom companion
Unfortunately they'd likely limit it one per character and it'd lack in back story :/ 
Bringing your personal characters to life would be one use, the other would be cloning or getting companions one wished they could've had
Thana Vesh, Ladra the Revanite, Born Again Zash or the more outlandish "Clones" 
Fleet would likely be filled with original KOTOR companions/characters which to be fair, I always felt The Onasi Family got shafted
Sure people would clone him 

On 8/1/2023 at 7:21 AM, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

The only issue I can see with it is that that would make it very unlikely that they could incorporate the companion in any story.

Most Companions from the Cartel Market aren't even referenced in any story, so I think they could follow that model.

25 minutes ago, Quendorite said:

Most Companions from the Cartel Market aren't even referenced in any story, so I think they could follow that model.

its not only the story but also the crew skills for crafting or sending on crew skill missions i think it also counts for the companions you get as drop in some flashpoints.

On 8/12/2023 at 9:29 AM, Quendorite said:

As far as I know, *none* of them are referenced in any story, except for Treek, HK-51, HK-55 and Z0-0M, who are referenced in their own stories.  (No, the HK-55 that you meet at the end of KotFE Chapter III is not the same one you buy in the "Shroud of Memory" bundle.  It's even *explicitly* stated to be the case.)

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 1:46 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

As far as I know, *none* of them are referenced in any story, except for Treek, HK-51, HK-55 and Z0-0M, who are referenced in their own stories.  (No, the HK-55 that you meet at the end of KotFE Chapter III is not the same one you buy in the "Shroud of Memory" bundle.  It's even *explicitly* stated to be the case.)

I think so, but I wasn't sure, so I chose to say 'Most' just in case