Playing The Story Shouldn't Cost Credits

Xina_LA

If you do the new Voss storyline, the total travel costs are higher than the total credit rewards for the missions.

It shouldn't cost credits to play the storyline when there are new releases.

On a similar topic, raising vendor prices to "keep up with inflation" is yet another way to punish new players.

They won't have massive credits on account, because the mission rewards are NOT inflated, and they have started playing after many of the credit-generating issues (and bugs) were fixed.

I'm posting because I talked one friend into returning to the game -- he didn't have a ton of credits because he left before the inflation got really crazy.  When he saw Voss draining what little money he has, he quit again.  I also talked another friend into playing for the first time.  He quit because the travel costs prevented him from saving up money to buy things that cost mere thousands, or tens of thousands, of credits.  He didn't want to be poor all the way to the end game; nobody wants to wait months to buy some simple vanity items.

I dunno at which point your friend started the new Voss storyline and what he´ve done, just looking at it right now.

Just saying you gonna stay on the fleet (imp-side), then the travel-costs to the new Voss-area are 1400credits. Jumping between the 3 QT-points in this area costs ~500 credits max, meanwhile the new daily-missions will rewards you with ~18k credits each, which is pretty much like a standard on any missions these days.

Can´t look back how it was with the storyline, but i higly doubt that you needed to pay like 100k credits or something to travel around, nor that your friend is on max level with like 5k credits only?

Seriously it sounds more like a "I don´t know anything and don´t want to deal with it." -issue. Nothing is easier than getting 100million credits these days in SWTOR, which is more than enough to deal with pretty much any content in this game. Just sell some random cartell-stuff you got from the abonnement-coins or season-rewards, or you gonna sell missions or materials.
There are more than enough daily-areas aswell where you might pay 5-10k if you QT around, but get something between 100-300k within 30mins.

I just came back 2 months ago after 6-7 years aswell. I had like 10million credits from the old times, now i sit on 5-6 billions and haven´t even sold any RPM/OEM, which is the easiest way in general.

I can get behind the thoughts, that absolute newcomers might be a bit feared about the general costs once they interact with the GTN, but as a returner in the endgame? You should know better and seriously... you may should´ve teached / helped your friends out "how to....".
In general just don´t QT spam all day if you REALLY have money issues. Is riding back 3 minutes that bad? Not to mention the priority ports, flagship-ports, heroic-ports or even stronghold-ports as workaround. Fighting back and killing stuff will last in additional money aswell so...

EDIT: Just killed 1 add in the new area... 257 credits instant, 357 credits for a trash-item to sell on top.

Edited by Sirsunny