2 seat mount

I gotta say, I love this idea.

I think it would be really cool to be able to have your companion (especially an LI companion) be able to ride on your mount right behind you, sought of like when a guy with a motorcycle has his girl right behind him with her arms wrapped around his waste while he drives the motorcycle. I think that that would be awesome.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I gotta say, I love this idea.

I think it would be really cool to be able to have your companion (especially an LI companion) be able to ride on your mount right behind you, sought of like when a guy with a motorcycle has his girl right behind him with her arms wrapped around his waste while he drives the motorcycle. I think that that would be awesome.

I would love it if we got in the taxi and our companion got inside riding on the passenger seat. That would be nice

• Like 2

6 hours ago, felleto said:

I would love it if we got in the taxi and our companion got inside riding on the passenger seat. That would be nice

That would be awesome too.

I mean, your companion was right next to you the whole time right up until you got to the taxi, so why wouldn't they be sitting right next to you while your still riding the taxi? They're standing right next to you when you get off the taxi too!

Another great idea that I would love to see as well. 👍👍

ESO player+companion two-seat mounts work because all ESO companions are members of the playable races, just like the player character.  in SWTOR, that has never been true (which is not a bad thing, mind you), so they'd need to do something a bit ... extra, maybe just as simple as making odd-shaped companions not ride the taxis.

And it would only work for the DK/Coruscant style of taxis (found on other planets, for sure, but those two are the best examples), because the other types don't have spare seats.  (Up for debate on the Alderaan thranta taxis.)

5 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

ESO player+companion two-seat mounts work because all ESO companions are members of the playable races, just like the player character.  in SWTOR, that has never been true (which is not a bad thing, mind you), so they'd need to do something a bit ... extra, maybe just as simple as making odd-shaped companions not ride the taxis.

And it would only work for the DK/Coruscant style of taxis (found on other planets, for sure, but those two are the best examples), because the other types don't have spare seats.  (Up for debate on the Alderaan thranta taxis.)

Well, with that it mind, that could be bit of an issue for certain companion types. Those that aren't members of he player races. And I don't see them doing a big overhaul simply for the sake of 2 seaters. Personally, I'd be content if it just worked for companions that are among the player races.

Some of the companions that aren't of the player races, I think are close enough that the could probably swing it without too much fuss. For Example:

Sergeant Rusk, Aric Jorgan, Tanno Vik, Xalek

Some examples  that would probably be problematic and maybe too much work would be involved:

T7-01, M1-4x, Broonmark, Khem Val, Blizz, and Skadge.

It is an interesting idea though,  and it definitely appeals to me, but at the same time, fair to say we've got much bigger fish to fry that should take precedence, resource wise.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sundancebill said:

Ya they could have mini-vans for group mission play. 

I can see it. Me, Scourge, Kyra, Wampa and Dorne together solving mysteries around the galaxy. I'm always going to end up with Wampa and Dorne when they split the party.

Spoiler alert: The guys in costumes are always Saresh, and she would've gotten away with it had it not been for this ragtag band of Jedi/agents/Men-slaughtering beasts/droids.

14 hours ago, felleto said:

I can see it. Me, Scourge, Kyra, Wampa and Dorne together solving mysteries around the galaxy. I'm always going to end up with Wampa and Dorne when they split the party.

Spoiler alert: The guys in costumes are always Saresh, and she would've gotten away with it had it not been for this ragtag band of Jedi/agents/Men-slaughtering beasts/droids.

I can smell the Scooby-snacks from here. 😉

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...