One Time Password Key

MidnightTrooper

I recently moved to a new place in the same town. I know that they ask for a one time password because they do not recognize the new address. However, they keep asking for a one time password every time I sign in on the game or the SWTOR website. How long does it take for them to recognize my new address? Is this a bug or will it stop asking me after so many times? I have been in my new place for over a week & I have played at least five of the seven days & I keep having to get a one time password. Does anyone know how to fix or how long this will go on?

Unless you have a fixed ip address - which not all ISP's will provide and which sometimes costs extra - then your external IP address can change occasionally without warning.  You should be able to get your local ip address from your router so check it and see if it is changing.

10 hours ago, Tantala said:

You should be able to get your local ip address from your router so check it and see if it is changing.

Specifically the "WAN" address.  The router also has a "LAN" address, which is probably either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, but that's not interesting in this discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

You can also get a security key app for your phone, should be a link on the SWTOR website. I used to get the requests frequently for the password before getting one. They're free, plus give you 100 cartel coins per month.