Recovering old acccount

Tantala

I would like to recover an old account .  I know the password but I am on a new IP address so I have to confirm who I am.  Unfortunately I no longer have access to the email address which was used to create the account so I can't get the one-time verification code to confirm I am actually the owner.

How do I get round this?

How do you not have access to the email account?  Just honest question.  Was it a work account, and you no longer work there?  Or use a BF/GF/Parent's email address?   

I'd say call Customer Service, see if they can do anything.

6 minutes ago, Taurax said:

How do you not have access to the email account?  Just honest question.  Was it a work account, and you no longer work there?  Or use a BF/GF/Parent's email address?   

There's a variety of reasons, not least:

• work account, as you noted
  • BF/GF/parent's address
  • school/university address
  • change of ISP, using an address provided by the old ISP (this can also mean "moving out of BF/GF/parent's house and ending up in a different ISP")

@Tantala I would suggest in the future using a free provider of web-based email, e.g. GMail.  It stays being yours because it *begins* yours, rather than depending on someone else to keep it accessible.

6 minutes ago, Taurax said:

I'd say call Customer Service, see if they can do anything.

And yes, this is the answer.

Hehe, I lost the old a/c when I moved ISP many years ago.  At the time I changed my email on most things.  It turned out that I had actually changed this one ... but not made a note of where I had put it.  

On 7/3/2023 at 8:52 AM, Tantala said:

I would like to recover an old account .  I know the password but I am on a new IP address so I have to confirm who I am.  Unfortunately I no longer have access to the email address which was used to create the account so I can't get the one-time verification code to confirm I am actually the owner.

How do I get round this?

I had the same exact issue when I got my new Alienware computer.

Call customer service, they helped me and I was good to go in 10 minutes while on the phone with them.

https://www.swtor.com/info/faq

• USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 09.00 CST - 18.00 CST)
  • UK: +44 (0)208 1969 890 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 15.00 UTC - 00.00 UTC)
  • France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 10.00 UTC - 19.00 UTC)
  • Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 10.00 UTC - 19.00 UTC)