Whats with the big brother high taxing of in group trade?

Whats with the big brother high taxing of in group trade?  Trading to a mate/ someone in group should be heavily taxed after all this time? 

Charging 10's to several 10's of millions just to trade in group hasn't been received positively, from what I've seen.

Edited by BlackSilverFire

11 minutes ago, BlackSilverFire said:

Charging 10's to several 10's of millions just to trade in group hasn't been received positively, from what I've seen.

i bet, it must be heart wrenching to all the people that bought or sold credits or items with $$ are no longer able to get them tax free

1 hour ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

i bet, it must be heart wrenching to all the people that bought or sold credits or items with $$ are no longer able to get them tax free

I doubt the credit sellers care all that much, because people will be buying more credits from them to make up for all the extra credits they now have to pay in taxes.

To the credit sellers, it's all free money anyways.

9 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

More like bartering between players who actually both have goods to trade, item(s) for item(s), is being destroyed by a forced gtn system for casuals who don't even buy anything off the Cartel Market/ invest in this game and feel entitled to everything on the cheap - decline of actual CM item buyers now.

Ops players who need a stim or even a vaccine for Eyeless will only have to pay 10+ million for a mate to hook the up  >_>  

Edited by BlackSilverFire

4 hours ago, BlackSilverFire said:

Ops players who need a stim or even a vaccine for Eyeless will only have to pay 10+ million for a mate to hook the up  >_>  

They’ve already said things like stims and adrenals weren’t meant to be included and will be fixed. 

15 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I doubt the credit sellers care all that much, because people will be buying more credits from them to make up for all the extra credits they now have to pay in taxes.

To the credit sellers, it's all free money anyways.

Based on what I have observed in fleet chat, within 2 days of 7.3 go-live credit sellers more than doubled their US dollars price to purchase a billion credits.  This makes me question your assertion that credit sellers don't care all that much.  I have to think that credit sellers will see reduced sales from yet another big jump in the price to buy credits from them this year.

1 minute ago, Char_Ell said:

Based on what I have observed in fleet chat, within 2 days of 7.3 go-live credit sellers more than doubled their US dollars price to purchase a billion credits.  This makes me question your assertion that credit sellers don't care all that much.  I have to think that credit sellers will see reduced sales from yet another big jump in the price to buy credits from them this year.

I don't generally pay all that much attention to the credit sellers when they spam fleet other than noting their presence. I'll certainly take your word that they have upped their prices.

That said, their increases may simply be them sensing an opportunity to make even more money thinking that people will need more credits to make up for the loss in credits players will be experiencing due to the increases in taxes.

People will have less credits, but they won't have less dollars.

33 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I don't generally pay all that much attention to the credit sellers when they spam fleet other than noting their presence. I'll certainly take your word that they have upped their prices.

That said, their increases may simply be them sensing an opportunity to make even more money thinking that people will need more credits to make up for the loss in credits players will be experiencing due to the increases in taxes.

People will have less credits, but they won't have less dollars.

The hike in price is because besides what they have to "sell" they also have to pay the tax commissions especially for hypercrates (haven't logged since r4nim was cancelled but im guessing the tax for them is pretty steep) that is what some still use as currency, and unless every credit seller has a credit exploits that gives them unlimited credits it hurts them or their business. And the $ to credit will keep going up, unless as i said before, they have credit exploits.
Or they find the way to circumnavigate that although will requiere some work for them to do it.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 11:38 PM, BlackSilverFire said:

Whats with the big brother high taxing of in group trade?

Somebody failed to understand what Eric Blair(1) was talking about when he wrote a novel about a dystopian future.

(1) You might know him better by his pen-name, George Orwell.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2023 at 6:41 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Somebody failed to understand what Eric Blair(1) was talking about when he wrote a novel about a dystopian future.

(1) You might know him better by his pen-name, George Orwell.

Your condescending "analysis" is as one dimensional as your caricature screenname, as all you did was parrot off of my statement of what I originally referenced in the first place while having nothing of ant actual substance to add to the argument - whatever makes you feel clever, huh. What you failed to understand in your pseudo-analysis blanket statement of what the novel actually was about, was the theme of one-way of doing things totalitarianism that the whole community is now seeing in trade, with the motto: It all goes through the GTN system now. No item-to-item barter between traders that isn't extremely taxed passed the point of unprofitability; all other choices of trading have been dismantled towards demolished in favor of a Sole "option". This is also what the original creator* of affordable mass produced personal computers, that you enjoy now, warned about from the get-go in his Big Brother commercials (who, unlike you, also referred Orwell correctly & genuinely). 

*You might know him as Steve Jobs.

Like Winston at the end of the novel, you can continue to cry tears of joy for such forced despotism as you embrace the Thought Police and love of Big Brother. But, many traders will stop buying off the Cartel Market and you'll find yourself with all the cheap typical mediocre goods you and the others on here feel entitled to, reminiscent of Russia/ exactly the novel's themes that you conveniently neglected, cynical Steve - ironic, how we don't see on here cynical of Steve >_> .

On 6/16/2023 at 2:49 PM, xxSHOONYxx said:

WTF does a fee on trading non-credit items have to do with idiots involved in RMT for credits?

Assessing a fee every time credits change hands?

Sure, makes sense and would clearly impact credit sellers.

Assessing a fee for trading mats to a crafter for finished goods (and both the mats and the finished goods are assessed fees), for gifting items for whatever reason, or just basic barter ('Hey, I got this silly speeder I don't want, I'll trade you for your goofy chest armor')?

Yeah, just another stupid idea that also got the typical Bioware half-baked implementation.

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 2