Suggestion: Tax Write-Offs

xordevoreaux

The point of all the fees and taxes and such is the pull money out of the game's economy because money historically in this game has been overprinted, both by the game's mechanics and the gold sellers who were allowed to run amok way too long.

I get it.

And the cure is pissing people off.

So.

Here's an idea:  Lifetime tax-free game play, and all you have to do, one time... volunteer to turn in all your cash.  Every last billion in every last nook and cranny - every toon, every personal bank, and your legacy bank.

In exchange for giving up all that money, for helping the process along and taking that money out of the economy, none of your toons will ever again for the life of the game be charged a fee for ... anything. Not the GTN, not trading (give or take), not travel, nothing. You earned the money once, you can earn it again.

Taking money out of the game's economy is just like ripping really sticky tape off your skin, especially if you have hairy skin. You can either peel the tape off—bit by bit—and delay the agony, or rip it off all at once and take a lot more pain, but it's over faster.

It's an opt-in process. Want to pull the tape off slowly? Hang onto your cash and put up with the fees.
Feeling brave? Opt-in to have your money removed, how is up to the devs, maybe a command, like /nomoretaxes with a confirmation dialog box.

And, to verify that you're not cheating this process by dumping all your money in the guild bank, the process only works if you made no guild bank deposits in the last 30 days, and the command only works for people who have at least 2 billion credits across their legacy.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I'm sorry, but no this should never happen.

Your suggestion would make the purpose for the taxes completely useless. It would be a 1 time get rid of credits from the economy, then we'd be right back to the mass inflation we currently have in a few months, or a year or so. 

We need these taxes/fee not just for now, but to make sure that we don't get back to what the economy was before they implemented any of these credit sinks.

• Like 1

I'd suggest something different. An "unlock" that has a time limit (24 hours, 1 week, 2 week, or whatever) that costs credits. During the time that unlock is active you can make person to person trades not involving credits without you being taxed (GTN fees would still apply at their normal level for items sold through the GTN). Once the timer runs out you are back to paying fees for trades. You could also make a similar unlock for guilds so that officers and the GM could benefit from it (but not random guild members - as a guild unlock anyway) for "prizes". That way, it is a continuous drain on credits since you would have to renew it any time you wanted to trade something "tax-free". You would still need to do something to stop guild hoppers from benefiting from a guild set up specifically to avoid the fees, but it should ease the burden on those guilds that truly are gifting things (rather than using the gifting system to bypass the fees)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 8:34 PM, Screaming_Ziva said:

So all I need to do is buy up hypercrates and packs with all of my credits until I'm down to 10 and then opt into this program?

And then sell those packs for profit while not having to pay GTN tax 😆

On 6/15/2023 at 7:24 PM, elimatorxv said:

this is a terribad idea and you should feel bad for even suggesting it.

the inflation needs to be combatted and the cure is working. 

the cure is working?

so having to pay to travel is a cure? Imo its a terrible cure then. I enjoy leveling new characters, i also enjoy the ease and comfort of quick travel (which btw i unlocked to be near instant with credits for a reason). Now i have to pay to use this feature, meanwhile mister richie rich (fake name) sits in the fleet all day still racking up the dough selling stuff an prices that are just ridiculous. Talking about fleet, spent about 10 minutes there and saw 3 different credit vendor in chat (one pretty sure i reported a week ago)

No i do not believe this is a cure, its a medicine that grandma made with some weeds out of the garden.

Don't get me wrong, something needs to happen, but not at the expense of the people actually playing the game....

Talking about hypercrates or anything that can be bought with real money, just stop letting people sell these, once a month have a hypercrate credit bash, with an official vendor and ask obsceen amounts of credits and you will see a stabilization.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.