PLAY Button isn't working for me

mykotorrocks

I've been playing SWTOR for barely over a year. I logged in for that big update a couple of months ago (which took a while) but didn't play, just exited once the download was complete. I haven't played since but wanted to a few days ago. The game had another update that I missed, so I did that. Afterwards, I logged in (entered my name and password). The yellow PLAY button highlighted, but I didn't hear the mechanical sound effect that usually alerts players that the game is ready to launch. I clicked on the PLAY button, it faded in color/was no longer highlighted, and nothing happened. I waited for a bit, but still, nothing happened. I logged out and tried again. I've done this off and on for 3 days now, and I still get the same result. Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone lend me some advice?

That's usually the indication you need DirectX 9 on your computer. I'm guessing you have a Windows 10 or 11 system and you haven't played the game on that computer before?

You can download it from the Microsoft website here. Copy it into any folder and run the install. Restart your computer and it should work.

I do have a Windows 10 system on my laptop, and I play the game on it. I did download DirectX 9 from the Microsoft website that you shared with me. I believe I followed your instructions and the website's correctly and installed it. Afterwards, I re-started my laptop and then tried to play SWTOR. I got the same result: The yellow PLAY button highlighted, but I didn't hear the mechanical sound effect that usually alerts players that the game is ready to launch. I clicked on the PLAY button, it faded in color/was no longer highlighted, and nothing happened. I waited for a bit, but still, nothing happened. I must be doing something wrong.

On 6/8/2023 at 2:58 AM, Bar-Da-Voya said:

You can download it from the Microsoft website here. Copy it into any folder and run the install. Restart your computer and it should work.

Just for awareness , the directx link you have provided (yes its the one swtor provided) it is just a self extracting file if run , people still need to go into where it is extracted and run the exe to install directx ...

this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35  doesn't need to do this it runs and installs